Set your sails

Hook's P.O.V
"Ahoy, Captain!" Smee's raucous voice hiccuped once my feet landed onto the deck of the Jolly Roger.

He tried to hide a rum bottle behind his back, embarrassingly failing as he fell down on the floor and started to sing with a slurry voice, "Yo-ho, yo-ho, a pirate's life for me!"

I decided to ignore his shameful behavior and proceeded to go my cabin, glaring daggers at whomever that dared to stay on my way.

The door closed violently with a loud thud. I began to pace around the room restlessly, pondering everything I had experienced within the past days. Now I knew that Sienna had never lied to me; she truly was my daughter, and Milah was her mother. I should have felt happy or relieved to find her: she was the opportunity of a new start for me. However, knowing what the Dark One had done to separate us, I felt the last tiny, pure piece of my heart darkening till no trace of humanity was left.

"Quit walking, will you?" a smug, boyish voice demanded behind me. "You're starting to bother me."

Suddenly, my muscles tensed up and my body froze, my legs not listening to my brain's orders anymore. With dramatically slow steps, Peter Pan came into view.

"Much better." he smirked.

"What the hell would you possibly want know, Pan?" I scowled, not being in the mood to bear his scheming and manipulative riddles.

He clicked his tongue in disapproval. "That's not the way you should treat the ruler of the island you are on," he said. "Especially when that ruler could hurt your beloved daughter so easily." he added the last part menacingly, muttering through gritted teeth.

I held my words back upon hearing that, but a scowl of anger was plastered on my face.

"So," Pan continued, regaining his smirk. "I know about your sneaky visit to our little fairy."

"So what?" I replied bitterly.

He rolled his eyes. "Now you know what Rumplestiltskin did. And I bet your thirst for revenge has strengthened."

I lowered my head and stuck my gaze to the floor, knowing he was right. Letting out a small sigh to calm down, I looked at the devil again. "Let me repeat it one more time: why are you on my ship?" I asked slowly, every word steeped in suspicion.

He merely smirked. "I'm allowing you out of Neverland."

Those words took me utterly out of guard: permission to leave Neverland was the last thing I expected from Pan. The idea was far more than attractive, that was undeniably true. It all seemed perfect; I would sail the Jolly Roger to the Enchanted Forest and find the dagger I'd been craving all those years. And I would murder the Dark One once and for all.

"So Captain, do we have a deal?" Pan asked with a grin, already smelling his victory.

"No." I blurted out. "I want her to come with me."

Pan was taken aback. He blinked confusedly a few times, after he caught my demand.

"Sienna can't leave." he just stated sternly.

"Well I'm not leaving without my daughter, then." I replied, my tone becoming harsh and aggressive.

Pan walked some steps around me, reminding me of the immobilizing spell I was in and infuriating me more on more within each second.

"I'm afraid Sienna was injured in a fight not longer after she arrived at the island," Pan said, my fear increasing as I thought of the last words I wanted to hear. "The blade of the sword was dipped in Dreamshade." and there they were. "Of course, she did drink from the waterfall. Therefore, as well as you know, she can never, ever leave Neverland... alive."

I gulped as I felt tears forming in my eyes, incapable of wiping those signs of weakness away.

"That's not true! There must be a way!" I shouted in desperation, though my heart already knew the answer.

Pan came to view again with the deadliest of the glares in his eyes, leaning in slowly until his lips were inches away from my ear.

"Remember the last time you didn't listen to me." he muttered through gritted teeth.

My mouth dried and the time seemed to freeze as the painful memory came back, rushing through my mind like a destructive tornado.

Pan backed away, his smirked plastered on his face again.

"Set your sails, Captain," he chuckled darkly. "You will be leaving by sunset."

And, just like he had come, he was gone again. As though he had not toyed with me and my feelings, and most importantly: my family. He'd seen me lose two members of my family. And Sienna would be the third one. Now, it didn't matter if I wanted to stay or not. Pan was making me leave, and I couldn't help but wonder the reason he had to do it.

Is he afraid I can take her away from him?

Within mere seconds, the immobilizing spell was gone again. But, with spell or not, I was not able to move again, not even talk, not even blink.

Not even feel.

And those were my last minutes on the enchanted island where time could never go by.

------
Sorry, it took my quite long, I've been really busy this week.
Be ready for the next chapters... so the game's about to change
Thanks for reading!🖤
          ~LostGirl2SR.