Caged

I was still feeling dizzy when I woke up but I instantly felt strange. I looked around and, if my eyes didn't lie me, I was locked up in a wooden cage. I sat down on the cage floor and noticed it balanced. Was it hanging? I couldn't think of anything, my head kept on spinning. Last thing I remembered was... Pan staring deeply at me. Did I faint then? Suddenly, I heard something.

     "Sienna?" Jack said, almost whispering. "You in there?"

     "I'm here Jack!" I answered with hope. Maybe he was outside. "Where are you?"

     Jack chuckled.

     "By your side." Jack said, and I swore under my breath. "Why are we caged, anyway? And why do I feel such a big pain in my left shoulder?"

     I was about to answer him when something interrupted me; or rather, someone.

     "Who's there?" the voice asked.

     At first I got afraid, since I thought it was Pan. But I then realized the guy wasn't him, he had a different voice, a... a more familiar voice. He seemed to be slightly afraid.

     "Who said that?" Jack asked confusedly. "Sienna, I think we're not alone."

     "How brilliant, Jack." I teased him. "Did you just figure that out on your own?"

     I couldn't see Jack, but I imagined him making a face to me and I laughed.

     "I did, you little lost girl." Jack answered, knowing I would get annoyed. And I did. "Are you caged too, lad?"

     A long silence led us to think the boy in the cage beside ours wasn't very keen on talking. However, after some seconds, he eventually spoke.

     "Yes." he said doubtfully. He was vacillating over whether to tell us the truth or not. "The Lost Boys caged me. They work for him."

     "Oh, yeah. Pan is really fond of making people his captives." I scoffed, trying to break the ice. But I just heard Jack's chuckle.

     "You know him?" the boy asked in an afraid tone. "Then, why are you caged?"

     "Long story, lad." Jack just said. "Who are you, by the way?"

     The guy took a few seconds before answering.

     "It doesn't matter that now," he finally replied. "We must get out of this cages."

     "If I just could..." Jack said and started kicking the cage wall.

     "You won't get anything by doing that." I blurted out.

     "Well, what do you suggest us to do then? Stay still and let Pan win?" Jack growled.

     No, Pan could definitely not win. I tried to remember something useful... then, it hit me. Something Pan had told me earlier.

     "Neverland runs on imagination, on belief" I muttered under my breath. A wide grin grew on my face. I closed my eyes and opened my hand, trying to focus on what I really wanted in that moment. I pictured the object in my head and focused more on that image.

     A dagger appeared on my right hand. I let out an ecstatic laugh.

     "Hold on, I'm getting us out of here!" I exclaimed excitedly.

     "And how are you gonna do that?" Jack replied huffily, but I completely ignored him. The other boy remained silent.

     I started hammering the dagger into the cage wall and tried to break the bolt in its lock. It took me some minutes, but I finally worked it out. I looked around: there were three cages hanging from tree branches, but they weren't very up, so I could easily get out of it. I jumped and landed on the ground nimbly.

     "Sienna?" Jack asked, confused. "Was that you?"

     "Sure." I stated.

     "How the heck did you do it?" he asked again.

     "Just with... imagination." I snickered. "Hold on, you'll be out in a second."

     I climbed up the tree and cut the rope which was holding his cage. It immediately fell to the ground and I heard an angry "Ouch!" coming from inside it.

     "You're welcome, Jack" I laughed in response. The cage was broken because of the blow and he came out of it rubbing his head. He muttered something and looked up in my way.

     "Get ready for the fall, lad!" Jack said to the guy in the other cage as I approached it. The boy said nothing, but I began to cut the rope. The second cage fell to the ground and broke down.

     I went down the tree swiftly and ran to Jack's side. I was really curious about who the stranger was.

     Jack and I stared at the cage's hole, waiting for him to come out. He finally got out of the small and hateful cage. I set my gaze on him: he looked around my age, maybe a year older. He had dark, bright hair and kind, lovely eyes, the color of which was almost indefinable. He got up and I realized that he was quite a skinny boy, just a little taller than me. Our eyes met and I sensed a strange, but nice feeling inside, and I instantly smiled at him. He grinned back, quite doubtfully.

     "So are you gonna tell us your name, now?" Jack asked raising an eyebrow.

     The guy faced Jack smiling and glanced at me briefly.

     "I'm Baelfire."

----------
;) ;) ;)