Fighting

Jack and I turned around to see a brown-haired boy whose gaze was set on me.

     "Get out, Devin." Jack ordered, sighing tiredly. "Or rather, get lost." Jack let out a snicker as the boy laughed hoarsely.

     "I do not obey newbies." he chuckled, suddenly getting more serious.

     I took my dagger out of my belt and glared at him.

     "Well I think you should reconsider that, then." I spat, and the boy smirked.

     "Seems like Pan's lost girl likes trouble." Devin teased.

     Pan's lost girl? Did they really think that of me? I felt how rage filled my veins up.

     "I'm not anybody's lost girl, neither Pan's." I hissed harshly. "But you're right about one thing: I like trouble. Question is, do you?" Devin smirked deviously at my words.

     "That's the answer I was expecting. James!" Devin shouted. A lost boy who'd been watching us tossed him a sword, which Devin instantly caught.

     "A sword against a dagger?" I chuckled. "Didn't realize you were such a coward."

     All the Lost Boys around hissed and scoffed at Devin because of my comment. After giving deadly glares to the few boys that still dared to tease him, he shot me a wrathful look and said:

     "Another sword for our lost girl!" the boy who had thrown the sword to Devin gave me another one. I grabbed its handle and glared at Devin.

     "Bid farewell to your dear friend, newbie" Devin said to Jack with a wicked smirk.

     Jack chuckled in response. "Lad, you don't know where you're getting into." he replied. "I bet Sienna could easily defeat you with closed eyes. She just has it inside."

     Everybody around whistled and I overheard some mocking mutters. Devin looked at me in the eyes furiously and yelled:

     "Bring it on!" Devin stepped towards me and the fight began.

     He dealt a strong blow and I raised my sword, straining against it. I stepped towards him difficultly and pursed my lips because of the effort. Devin was stronger than I had expected. I waved the sword over his shoulder and cut his cheek. He stopped for a moment, stunned due to the blow, and brought his left hand to his cheek. When he withdrew it, it was covered in blood.

     He shot me a deadly look and jumped towards me. He raised his sword and tried to deal another blow, but I stopped it. That crash was so strong that I lost my balance and fell to the ground. My sword fell too and I tried to grab it, but Devin put his sword under my chin and laughed madly. I gritted my teeth.

     "Ready to give up?" he chuckled as I threw daggers to him with my gaze.

     "Not today." I snapped, unexpectedly kicking him where it hurts. He struggled because of the pain as I rolled on the ground to grab my sword again.

     Devin laid down moaning and I stood up, pointing at him with the end of my sword.

     "Question is, are you ready to give up?" I asked, towering over him. He sighed furiously and I took it as a 'yes'.

     Somebody put his hand on my shoulder and I heard a voice whispering in my ear. "Not bad, lost girl." I jumped at the hissing voice and turned around, shuddering.

     I dropped my sword and confusedly looking at him.

     "Pan." I gasped, staring at him in fright. He smirked, kicking my sword away. I watched it for a second and realized I had to react. "I thought you were away with the other Lost Boys." I tried to speak firmly, but my voice trembled.

     "Well, you were wrong." Pan chuckled. "I saw it all." Devin stood up and Pan faced him, frowning. "I'm quite disappointed with you, Devin. I thought you wouldn't let her beat you."

     "Well, maybe you were wrong then." I scowled, my fear being left behind. Pan smirked at me. "Maybe I am stronger thank you think."

     "You are." Pan eventually agreed after some seconds of silence. Devin lowered his gaze and Pan raised an eyebrow. "I'll talk to you later." Pan said coldly.

     I smirked with satisfaction at that last sentence and turned around to see Jack, who was also smiling mischievously. I walked towards him but Pan grabbed my wrist and stopped me. I glared at him and he grinned back at me. He raised up my arm.

     "Come on!" Pan shouted, encouraging the guys to cheer up in my victory. All the Lost Boys around –from whom I had caught the attention during the fight– broke out into hoots and howls. I forced a smile and struggled, trying to let go of his grip. "Congratulations." he whispered in my ear and smirked. That reminded me of the last moment we'd shared before, at the coast. I shivered at that haunting and dreadful thought.

     But the celebration didn't last much longer. After some minutes, Felix and the missing Lost Boys appeared at the camp again. I easily discovered a trace of concern in Felix's face.

     "Pan." Felix called out. Pan shot me one of his smirks.

     "Don't you think that you can flee from what happened before at the beach" he whispered, his warm breath on my skin, then let me go. I shuddered at his words and immediately went beside Jack as Pan headed towards Felix.

     "You should see something." Felix said, awkwardly staring at me as he spoke.