CHAPTER TWO

MEREDITH AND COURTNEY were sitting in adjacent chairs in the waiting areas close to a couple of stairs

MEREDITH AND COURTNEY were sitting in adjacent chairs in the waiting areas close to a couple of stairs. A young blonde female intern sat in front of them. It was like a roommate application and probably the fourth one of that day, the day they had hung up the flyer. Courtney had never thought that so many interns needed a new place and that so many would reply. Meredith had done most of the talking, while Courtney simply observed. The two sisters were very particular about who would live in their house and sadly enough Jenny – that was her name – wasn't the right girl. She was a little bit too young, which Meredith revealed by asking how old she was when the 'Challenger' had exploded.

After denying the blonde girl, the two sisters got up and left. They walked together for a bit, until Meredith stopped by a coffee cart. Instead of waiting for her sister, she said an I'll see you later and continued walking. Eventually, she found George and Izzie and talked with them. Meredith joined them as well with a one cup of coffee in a tray in her hands. "Why do need so much coffee?"

"It's just a mocha latte for Bailey."

"Really?" Courtney raised her eyebrows, not really believing that it was just a mocha latte. She had a feeling that maybe, maybe, Meredith would ask their resident to scrub in and hand her a mocha latte. 

"Why do you put up posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?" Izzie Stevens asked the two sisters, knowing that they hadn't found any yet even though they had talked to quite a lot of interns.

"We're together 100 hours a week; you want to live together too?" Meredith asked Izzie and George, who also wanted to be their roommates. The two had asked them earlier, but the two sister hadn't replied and had walked away. From then on, they had talked about it, debating if they wanted awkward George and optimistic Izzie as their roommates. Cristina saw them walking in the distance and went over to them, immediately noticing the coffee.

"Oh, I see you bring bribes now, huh?"

"My mom irons my scrubs. I have to get out of there."

"It's not a bribe, Cristina. I'm sorry, George, but I don't think it's a good idea."

"Look I can put down last, first and deposits ..."

"It's totally a bribe."

"I can cook. And I'm an obsessive cleaner."

"No. I just want two normal strangers who I don't have to talk to or be nice to. And it's not a bribe. It's a mocha latte."

"Just a mocha latte, huh? Why don't I believe you? Just admit that you're trying to bribe Bailey into letting you scrub in." Courtney agreed what Cristina had said and glanced at Meredith.

"It's not!"

"It is!"

"No."

"Yes!"