CHAPTER SEVEN

COURTNEY WAS TIRED and sat at the dinner table with her head resting on her arms, trying to catch some more sleep

COURTNEY WAS TIRED and sat at the dinner table with her head resting on her arms, trying to catch some more sleep. Last night, Meredith had company (Derek) over and they had been quite loud. Normally, Courtney would put in her ear plugs, but she had run out and needed to buy new ones. She hadn't had the time yet, so she to endure hearing her sister have sex with the neurosurgeon. Izzie was watching the coffee percolate, sleepy as well. Courtney hadn't been the only one who had a hard night. George entered the kitchen as Izzie was filling hers and Courtney's cup up with coffee. "You get any sleep?" He asked the two girls.

"Oh, she could oil the bedsprings as a courtesy or at least buy a padded headboard." Izzie replied as she walked over to Courtney. She woke her up before giving her a cup of coffee. Courtney smiled in appreciation before taking a sip from her coffee.

"I hope that next time Mer gives us a heads up." Courtney groaned, rubbing in her eyes.

"So who's the guy?" George asked, clearly jealous. The youngest Grey looked away from him, hoping that he wouldn't ask her. But even if he did, she wouldn't tell him. It was Meredith's secret and it wasn't up to Courtney to tell their roommates about her lover. Courtney tuned out the conversation, simply watching Izzie and George talk, while she drank her hot coffee.

"Well, I am. But at least I know she'll be having a long day at work." Izzie told as Courtney started listening to them again. Then they heard footsteps coming from the stairs, making them share a look. They – George and Izzie – rushed to the open door, while Courtney strolled behind them. They slowly closed it, so that the stranger wouldn't be able to see them. A look of shock, anger and sadness spread across the two roommates' faces when they saw Derek sneaking out the house through the small opening of the door. "Well, at least we know brain surgery isn't his only skill."

"They can't be...He's her boss." George refused to believe it. He and Izzie both turned around to glance at Courtney, who shrugged her shoulders. The look in their eyes gave their question away.

"Of course, I knew. She's my sister and we lived together before we started this internship! Did you really think that I wouldn't know? I even met him, before I knew who he really was." Courtney said.

"We're late. He's all of our boss. You know she has been scrubbing in a lot lately on his surgeries." Izzie suddenly accused, making Courtney sigh. What Courtney had predicted and had been 100 percent sure of that would happen, happened. George, who was still in denial, muttered that she wouldn't do that. "Well, if she's not ashamed of it, why is she keeping it a secret?"

"Maybe she didn't. Maybe it just happened. You know, spontaneously, last night." Courtney looked down at her shoes, knowing that that wasn't what had happened. Meredith then entered the kitchen, while the rest was getting ready to leave. She greeted them with a smile.

"Morning. Hey, so it sounded like you were having some pretty radical sex last night, all night long. Who was the guy?" Izzie asked the eldest Grey, hoping that she would be honest.