CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

COURTNEY HAD LOST IT.

In the back of her mind, Courtney Felicity Grey had always hoped that she and Meredith would live a long and happy life. The two sisters would become the best surgeons they could be and continue their mother's legacy. They would eventually find the perfect guy. They would give the most beautiful and heartwarming speech at each other's weddings, a real tearjerker you know? Maybe they would be each other's maid of honor at their wedding? Or maybe that spot was reserved for their best friends. That was something they had to figure that out when the moment would arrive.

After a couple of years, Courtney and Meredith would each have a couple of children. The kids would of course be the best of friends and have lots of sleepovers. The two sisters and their family would spend the holidays (like Christmas, New Year's, etc.) at either one of their houses. They would always be there for each other, no matter how old they were. They would joke about the old times and laugh like they've never laughed before.

They would make sure that their children have the life that they never had.

But now, that might never happen. Courtney's dream life – the life she had always wanted to live ever since she was a little girl– was slowly fading away, like dust in the wind. Courtney had fallen down on her knees, after the realization had really set it in: her sister's hand was touching a bomb. A bomb. A very unstable bomb

She couldn't handle it.

Tears continued to stream down her cheeks: she couldn't stop crying. She had tried, honestly, but the crying, the sobbing just wouldn't stop, no matter what she tried to tell herself. Her head was covered by her shaking hands. She didn't want the others to see her like this, which was quite stupid to think since they had literally seen her break down. She looked up at the ceiling and pulled her legs to her chest. The youngest Grey buried her head in her arms and let out a few sobs. "This can't be happening, no, it just can't. Why, why, why!" Courtney mumbled to herself and she rocked back and forth.

Meanwhile, Meredith was slowly being strapped in a flak jacket by Dylan as she had to watch her sister have a breakdown. She wanted to go over to her so bad, but she couldn't. She simply couldn't and that broke her heart. She knew how much her sister needed her at this point, but she couldn't do anything. Meredith had always been there whenever her younger sister felt sad and had to cry her heart out, always.

Now, she couldn't be there.

After a while, Courtney slowly stood up and dusted off her pants. She fixed her flak jacket, which Dylan had strapped on her while she had been a complete mess. He did end up getting slapped in the face a couple of times as Courtney's arms were flailing. She wiped the tears away and joined the other three. "You realize how stupid that was." Dylan stated.

"It was, Mer. Incredibly stupid!"

"What were you thinking?" Courtney let out, her voice barely a whisper.