CHAPTER FOUR

MEREDITH GREY WAS looking through the rain covered window of her bedroom, while Courtney Grey was sitting on her older sister's bed writing a check to Roseridge home for extended care

MEREDITH GREY WAS looking through the rain covered window of her bedroom, while Courtney Grey was sitting on her older sister's bed writing a check to Roseridge home for extended care. They had wanted to write them a check as a thank you for taking such good care of their mother. Courtney was the one writing the check, because she thought that her handwriting was more prettier and readable than Meredith's. The youngest Grey gave her sister the envelope, who licked it so it would close. "Do you ever think that mother might remember us one day?"

"I don't know, Courtney. Maybe one day." She looked away from the rain to look at her sister, who was watching her with her head resting in her palms. Suddenly, Izzie walked into the room, only wearing her underwear and a T-shirt. She was brushing her teeth. "Hello, kitty."

"Izzie, we have a bathroom for a reason. Please, brush your teeth there." Courtney said to her.

"George is in the shower." George and Izzie were the only ones that needed to get ready, since the two sisters were already dressed and ready to go. They all jumped into Meredith's blue car once everyone was dressed. During the ride over to the hospital, the girls were telling George that he was on shopping duty. He wasn't overjoyed, because that meant he had to buy lady products, which freaked him out.

"You don't understand. Me gonads, you ovaries." George said to the three girls, while stepping out of the car.

"Oh, that reminds me. We are out of tampons." Izzie mentioned as they were walking to the hospital.

"You're parading through the bathroom in your underwear when I'm naked in the shower." The guy continued ranting, not realizing what the blonde had asked him to buy. Since he hadn't replied to adding tampons to his list, Izzie asked it again. "What?!"

"Tampons."

"You need to buy some, George. It's your turn to shop, so." Courtney reminded him, while George had an unamused look on his face. He really didn't want to go buy girl stuff, since he felt like it made him less of a man.

"I am a man! I don't buy girl products! I don't want you walking in while I'm in the shower, and I don't want to see you in your underwear." He yelled at the girls, who weren't the least bit fazed by what he said. They weren't that impressed and honestly didn't care that much either.

"It doesn't bother me, ok? Look at me in my underwear, George. Take your time. It's no big deal." Izzie told him, when they entered the hospital, a car alarm beeping in the background. The interns all gathered in the locker rooms to go get dressed and ready for pre-rounds.

"You are the first person they see in the morning. You say please. You say thank you. You apologize for waking them up." Bailey told the interns and gave Alex a glare, because of his late arrival. "You make them feel good about you. Why is that important? 'Cause then they'll talk to you and tell you what's wrong. Why is that important? Because then you can tell your attending what they need to know during rounds. And why is that important? Because if you make your resident look bad, she'll torture you until you beg for your mama. Now get out there. I want pre-rounds done be 5:30 am."