CHAPTER NINE

COURTNEY GROANED, WHEN she heard her alarm clock going off

COURTNEY GROANED, WHEN she heard her alarm clock going off. Once upon a time, she had thought that it was a good idea to place her clock on her dresser, which was on the other side of her bedroom. That way she needs to get out of bed to stop the buzzing. However, she hated her past self at the moment for coming up with said idea. Still half asleep, she got out of her bed and walked to her dresser, shutting off her alarm. She moved to the open her door and walked to the bathroom, which was being occupied by George. Izzie was trying to enter the bathroom as well, but the door was locked. "George. You locked the door. I need to take a shower." Izzie mentioned as she twisted the door knob one more time. Courtney let out a sigh. She was awake enough to deal with this.

"Uh, uh, I'll be out in a minute."

"George, for God's sake, please hurry up. What are you even doing in there that's taking so long? Other people need to use the bathroom too! You don't live alone." Courtney asked, not amused. She repeatedly tapped with her foot

"It's private." George's voice sounded from the bathroom. The two blondes shared a look, raising their eyebrows. From that single sentence, they got a pretty good idea what George was doing in there.

"Oh. Oh, God. I'm sorry. I get it. I didn't mean to interrupt." Izzie apologized as Courtney started laughing. That woke her up pretty good. Right when the youngest Grey had stopped laughing, the two girls glanced at each other again. The laughter started once more and tears streamed down Courtney's cheeks. She held her stomach, which hurt from laughing so much.

"No, it's not that!" The guy in the bathroom yelled out after he heard them laughing. He glanced at the door, his face turning red. This was not a good day for him.

"It's ok. Take your time."

"I am not doing what you think I'm doing."

"You know what, there's really no need to explain. We'll wait. You just...finish." Courtney mentioned as she grabbed two magazines that were lying on a table. She handed one to Izzie and the both of them started reading it, while leaning against Meredith's door.

"No, I'm...I'm coming. I'm coming out." George stated as he started gathering some clothes and putting them on. He had been sitting naked on the bathtub, while reading a book about 'Rashes, Hives and Skin Eruptions'. He excited the bathroom only wearing sweatpants and holding the book safely in his arms so that no one could see it. The two girls were grinning as they saw him.

"There's no reason to be ashamed. It's normal. Healthy, even." Izzie said.

"Well I'm not ashamed because I wasn't doing anything. I don't have to. I have a girlfriend."

"An imaginary girlfriend?"

"An actual girlfriend."

"You know what? It's no big deal. You don't have to lie. We get it. You have needs." Izzie replied when suddenly Meredith opened her bedroom door that Courtney and Izzie had been leaning on. They almost fell on the ground, but quickly steadied themselves by leaning forward. Meredith squinted her eyes, asking what was going on. The word nothing quickly came out of everyone's mouth. Izzie wanted to reveal what was really going on, but changed her mind after looking at George again.