CHAPTER NINETEEN

COURTNEY WAS READING a book, lying on her stomach

COURTNEY WAS READING a book, lying on her stomach. It was late at night and only she and George were home, like always. Meredith was out again and would probably come home with another new man; Izzie on the other hand was on a date with Alex. Their relationship seemed to blossom more and more, which brought a smile to her face. The both of them deserved happiness. They weren't the only ones happy: Courtney was as well after her break up with Ashley. She felt more at ease again and didn't feel so burdened. All the drama, patients and long hours at the hospital were getting to her a bit and she needed her alone-time. She decided to stay away from dating for a while.

The book that she was reading at the moment was A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. It was actually her second time reading the book, since she enjoyed it so much the first time. Even though it made her cry the first time, she chose to read it again and relive all the emotions. Books like that one were her favorite to read. From time to time, she would read a crime novel or another genre, but most of the time she read romance novels.

She had seen the movie as well in 2002 with one of her former best friends. The two girls had been very close since high school, but had lost contact during college. They were both very busy, so they rarely had the chance to see each other. Whenever she called Courtney to ask if she wanted to hang out, the latter always had to cancel because of medical school. She didn't have time to hang out or do something fun, because she needed to study to succeed. Seeing A Walk to Remember had been the last time that they had ever done something together or even seen each other.

Courtney flipped a page, when she heard footsteps stomping up the stairs. She let out an annoyed sigh, before focusing back on her reading. She was interrupted yet again, when she heard a loud bang against her door. She slipped a bookmark in the book and placed it down on her nightstand, before getting off of her bed. Another bang on her door, which made her more angry.

She didn't really need to guess to know what it was.

Courtney was able to hear kissing noises and moaning as she stood six feet away from the door. Either Meredith of Izzie was making out with someone against her wooden door, which Courtney found a bit disgusting. If they wanted to have sex, no problem, but couldn't they do it somewhere other than against her door? Their bedroom perhaps? Courtney knocked hard against her door, which made the couple stop making out.

It had been Izzie and Alex by the way.

After hearing the loud knock on the door, the two stopped for a second and continued again in the safe space of Izzie's bedroom. Courtney had recognized that it was them, because of Izzie's laugh. Besides, her sister stumbled in a little bit later with another guy. When the house fell silent again, she walked back towards her bed. Luckily for her, she was already dressed in her pajamas and didn't need to exit her room anymore. She took the hair tie out of her blonde hair and laid it on her nightstand, before crawling under the duvet. Courtney put out the lights and put her earplugs in, before going off to sleep.