CHAPTER ELEVEN

ANOTHER EARLY MORNING, another annoying alarm clock

ANOTHER EARLY MORNING, another annoying alarm clock. At this point, Courtney just wanted to smash her clock into tiny little pieces. She didn't want to move and get up. She wanted to sleep some more, because she had gotten very little sleep that night. Meredith and Cristina had gone to a bar to drown their sadness and had drank so much that they ended up quite drunk. Well, Meredith at least. Cristina was pregnant and wasn't allowed to drink any alcohol. Even though Cristina hadn't consumed any alcoholic drink, she still acted like she had. So, instead of calling a cab to get them back to Meredith's house, they decided that it would be a good idea to call Courtney ten times. Courtney had picked up the first time and had said that she would come and get them, but they forgot and called nine more times.

With a loud sigh, the blonde girl hauled herself out of bed and walked towards her closet. She placed her hands on the door handles, yawned and then proceeded to open her wooden closet. She grabbed some clean clothes randomly and threw them on her double bed. She exited her bedroom and entered the bathroom, bumping into her other two roommates. Meredith on the other hand was already inside, leaning against the wall close to the toilet, while Cristina was lounging in the tub. Meredith was hungover from last night and held her hands against her throbbing head.

Izzie held a bottle of water, looking at the two best friends. Courtney and George were brushing their teeth. Suddenly, the shower door went wide open and Cristina was revealed. "Estrogen George." She said out of nowhere, which caused George to look at her in confusion.

"Okay." He glanced at Izzie, who stood next to him. Courtney stood behind the two of them, while she was letting water pour over her toothbrush before applying some toothpaste. "What is this?"

"I came home to full on vomit drama. Apparently she dumped Derek and her –" She poured some water into a glass that Cristina was holding out, sounding scandalized as she looked at the Korean girl. "She's been sleeping with Burke!"

"We already knew that." George replied, shrugging his shoulders. Izzie gave him a look and he turned around to face Meredith, who was slumped against the door. He was worried about the eldest Grey, like he always was. The news about her breaking up with Derek did make him happy. Maybe he could finally make a move and show her that he was the better man. Courtney was silent the entire time, since she was brushing her teeth anyway, but listened to every word. "So you really broke up with Shepherd?"

"I feel empty."

"Two hours of vomiting will do that to you." Meredith repeated her sentence again, but that time it sounded like she was talking to herself. Courtney crouched down next to her sister, rubbing her back in the meantime. The eldest grabbed the youngest's free hand, appreciating her undying support.

"You're lucky. I feel pissed off." Cristina snapped back, before sliding the shower door shut once again. After everybody had gotten ready, which took a long time, for another day at Seattle Grace. Courtney had asked her sister lots of times if she was feeling well enough to go to work and Meredith had replied every single time with two words: I'm fine.