Chapter 3

Slightly Early update. Enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of my classes I decided to skip. If I am to tail around Death for the next month, it probably means I will get his schedule.

I sigh, walking towards the large tree on the school's lawn where I eat at. I take a seat under the huge branches, peace settling into me under the large shadow. I just love the peace that nature brings.

I pull out my human food of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and start to eat. A few minutes later, Venus comes bustling in. She pulls out this golden drink and golden apple and takes a bite. God food.

She moans into the food then looks at me, "Soooooooooooo..........."

"So what?" I say boredly and continue to munch on my sandwich.

"Are you and Death a thing?!" She squeals, her blonde curls bouncing.

"No!" I yelp.

Her green eyes widen and a smile stretches from ear to ear, "Eva and Haden sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N—"

I lung at her, slamming her mouth shout with my hand. "No! We are not a thing! I am his frigging science project! Plus he is too bad of a playboy for my tastes."

She moans into my hand.

"What?" I question.

Venus pushes me off of her, "I said, 'that's true'. But I am sooooo excited to finally see that Love List of all the perfect couples that your brother gets to work with. I want to see which man or woman is best for you!"

"Man." I quickly fix. "And also, Caleb says my name is there under the single list. I haven't met my perfect match or whatever whatever. Anyway! I heard you got snagged by Cupid?"

Venus sighs lovingly, "I did. He told me he will teach me how to act as the Goddess of Romance!"

"So it's less of a 'bond with a human' and more of a 'teach an intern' type of project for him." I bite into my sandwich.

Venus tilts her head, "Pretty much! Why did Death snag you?"

"I was the closest human around and we all know that Death hates Newbies. No offense to you."

Venus shrugs her shoulders, all happy, "None taken! So girlfriend... How are we going to share the house between the five of us?"

"Six." I correct. "Death has to live with me. I can't exactly go to his realm, now can I?"

Venus' eyes widen, "Wait a second... The school's top playboy is sleeping in the same house as us??"

I nod my head, a frown on my features.

"Wellllllllll thennnnnnnnnnnnn....." Venus elongates. Then a mischievous smile takes her lips, "Just don't become his main dish, alright?"

"Ew! Ew! Ew! You totally just made that dirty! Urg! Venus!" I turn red.

Venus laughs, grinning evilly, "Ya love me, Chica!"

I look at her, my face still red before mumbling, "I do..."

She winks before both of us burst into laughter.

The day after that went smoothly.

Soon enough it was time to go home. My brother was nowhere in sight so I had no way of getting home. His molten feathers only got me to school. Coming home I needed an actual god to take me. Venus can't take me through the portal yet for she was in transition mode from human to god. Caleb was nowhere in sight so I was stuck.