Chapter 36

Sorry! I know! Late! But enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sigh in sorrow, collapsing on the floor in front of the squeaky little couch. We were currently in Annabelle's other little house. After Sunny's soul had left him, Haden had taken it down to the Underrealm and put it into store so he could try to heal it. Meanwhile. Annabelle took us all to her house, saying that we needed to get ready for an attack tomorrow. Either the rebels will strike first, feeling Sunny's death, or we will, depending on how early the rebels attack.

So here we are, scattered around the two little couches and the floor between them. Dread filled the air like a heavy smog.

Solemn looks carved our faces. Annabelle quietly pushes cups of hot tea into our hands as we all just stare at the flickering fire in the fireplace.

"I never..." A pause. "I never thought that I'd ever have to fight as a goddess." Venus speaks. We raise our eyes to her. "Yes. I know. I'm not fully god, but... I remember that my previous reincarnation told me that one of the jobs for a god is to fight... I'd never thought I'd actually have too."

Silence with only the snapping flames filled the hefty air.

Sophie gives a small smile, "Well, at least you knew it was a possibility. I never thought I'd have to fight in a war as a mortal, let alone a god war... and let alone a war that is so small but the outcome will forever change the world! A world changing war..." She trails off.

Zlec sighs, "I'm sorry for claiming you Sophie. I never wanted to put you in harm's way, not to mention a war."

Sophie turns to Zlec and smiles gently. She places her hand on his, "Don't worry about it Zlec. I'm happy you did." She turns to look at the rest of us, tears welling up in her eyes, "I would have never met my bestiest friends otherwise..."

We all smile back.

Silence.

"Since... I don't know if I will even survive this war, I want to tell you guys another secret." Dillan quietly says.

Nile chuckles, "You out-right came out of the closet and saved us by telling us you a gay, I didn't think you had another secret!" It was a joke and Dillan of course grins.

He shrugs, "Well... I have two. And this... well this is my second one." He brushes his black hair from his eyes. "You see, I'm not fully mortal."

This definitely captures our attentions. Dillan takes a deep breath, "Guys. I'm a demigod as well."

"What?"

Dillan exhales again, "Remember the village? Remember when an attacker jumped in our way when we were running towards the lake? Remember how smoke suddenly engulfed him and you all thought it was just the fire? Well... that was me."

Of course, I truly didn't have a clue about what he was talking about because I was too busy getting cut by the dagger that killed me when helping Haden during the witch village fight, but for everyone else, it caused a lightbulb.

"I have powers of smoke..." Dillan says quietly. He closes his eyes and tilts his head back and whispers incoherent words. When he brought his head back forward, black, almost tattoo like, swirls decorated his face, coming from his eyes. He raises his hand and a pool of grey smoke forms, twisting and turning by his command.

"What separates you then from an actual god?" Caleb questions. Dillan smiles sadly, "I don't have god perks of changing the world, living to almost immortality, those model looks, or ect. I'm just a human with smoke powers."