Chapter 10

Sorry for the late update! Enjoy!

(Please Vote and Comment too!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She's still a human... it's just... I'm not sure. She may still be a god."

"Could it be that she just has a 'god power' like many humans do?"

"Perhaps but I think it is more likely that she is either fully human or fully god."

"But if that's the case, we know it's impossible for her to be fully human because she moved that ball without touching it! And yet God food almost killed her."

"It didn't kill her. She just passed out from it. That could be a sign of transitioning."

"Doubt it."

"You really underestimate human strength, don't you Haden?"

"Mr. Plasmic, with all due respect, when I see humans; they are weak and dead or dying. Kinda hard to respect them when you only see them as weaklings."

"Ah. That is where you slipped dearest boy. You see them as weaklings all the time, not just during their deaths."

Silence.

"Yes. I see all humans as weak."

"Does she look weak to you Haden?"

Pause.

"Yes. She does. She is human, she is fragile."

Another pause.

"You really don't know her strength, do you?"

"Sir. We've been on this project for less than a week. I do not really know anything about her."

"Yet you automatically consider her weak."

"How else should I consider her?! She'll always passing out! She. Is. Fragile. Like petals of a flower."

Ain't that the truth, I snort mentally, and continue eavesdropping; unable to open my eyes.

"But even the most beautiful of flowers have thorns."

"Then she isn't a flower..."

A tense pause.

"Haden.... Be careful with her. Especially with the rebel uprising. We need to stay hidden from the human world yet they are revealing us like spring flowers. Eva's power, if she truly is a god, will be hard to tame if you keep her chained. She won't hide it for she won't know her own strength. Keep her safe, you'll be surprised at the outcome that it gives you."

Haden snorts, "Oh ya? Like what? And who told you that she will be part of my future?"

"She will defiantly be part of your next three months and the Oracle told me she should be a big part of your future. Plus, you might get a taste of loyalty. Humans are like that... I mean look at Caleb and Venus."

"Venus yells at him!"

"Yes, because she cares!"

Haden snorts again. "I'll look after her. She is my best friend's sister."

"And you are the school's 'badboy'. She is the school's 'scum nerd'. You can hurt her. You can hurt her badly. Be careful."

Silence then a sigh. Footsteps echo away before a door closes.

I hear Haden sigh, "What have I got myself into?"

I was gone once again.

**