Chapter 20

Short chapter so I decided to do an EARLY UPDATE! WOOP WOOP!

Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Omg Sophie! I love it! Thank you..." I gawk in awe at my reflection. My hair was styled in a fishtail braid with a light, natural, day-to-day makeup on my face. I give both girls a quick hug. "Thank you girls. I love it."

They beam at me, also gorgeous in their 'new looks'. I was the last of the three to get 'beautified' by the other two. "Okay!" I hop up off of my bed, "I'm going to take a quick walk around—stretch my legs."

The girls wave me off and I leave my room. In short time I was walking around the house again, bored.

Pressure squeezes my heart. "Ah! What the hell?" I moan, clutching my chest. Another throb and I hiss, stumbling through a doorway. I look down, trying to massage out the strange cramp. A door slams behind me and I flip around. I was in a dark room, and I seemed to have locked myself in.

A blue glow catches my attention and I turn to see an exact replica of the 'Earth' from school floating above the ground, cautiously turning like the actual Earth.

My heart-ache vanishes. I take a weary step towards the Earth, remembering my last experience and the experience it caused after that. My tongue darts across my tingling lip. Walking around the Earth, I look for that same red dot that was there before.

Nothing.

"Wait. Don't give up yet. Go to North America." Evan ushers in my mind. My eyes tingle as he takes part of my control. I stroll around and a red dot flares up on the United States. I brush aside the clouds to see that the dot was actually near the place I lived. I furrow my eyebrows and reach for the dot.

SWOOSH. The darkness eats me alive as a cool wind billows around me.

Tall looming trees surrounded me. In front of me was an abandoned warehouse. Its metallic paint was chipping and its red brick roof had holes in its structure. A boy in a hood cautiously creeps up on the building. He looks around, seeing right through me, before turning to the pitch black opening. He steps inside, throwing off his hood, and giving me a quick glimpse of blue hair.

Wait Nile??

The doors slam shut behind him with a vibrating 'BANG!'. "Nile!" I scream, rushing forward and pounding against the metal doors.

Grunts and echoes of pain and fighting sound through until an ear-pierces cry of agony scares the birds from the trees.

No! No! No! An old trashcan was tipped over by the window. I clamber on top of it, peaking into the window.

The body of Nile was on the floor, beat up and broken, with hooded men sneering and encircling him.

Nile looks up, hate burning in his eyes, "You will pay." He spits blood.

A man leans down, grinning, "We are rebels. Besides, you gods can't access us." He laughs and stands. "Bring the anti-power collar."

Nile growls, trying to get onto his feet, "I will let them know. I'll let everyone know!"

The man laughs again, taking the heavy clunky metal collar from his comrade, "Nobody will believe you. We have a very powerful ally."

Nile snarls and two men jump him, pulling his arms apart and holding him down. "Let me go!" He shrills, fighting with the rest of his might. His golden eyes burned with the lust for blood.