Chapter 9

Heart beating fast. Foot tapping the steady beat of nervousness and the teacher taking his sweet sweet time to read the instructions. Any faster please!!

Finally he passes out the paper. The paper was shiny, but the test was on the other side. Then a pencil was given to each of us. As he hands the last student a pencil he says those words everyone dreaded, 'begin'.

I flip over the smooth thick paper, just to get it started, and instantly my mind goes blank. Not blank as in like I forgot everything. I mean my mind went EMPTY. My whole mind seemed to become a white piece of paper. I couldn't even think, let alone remember anything!

Woah! Woah! What is going on?!? I couldn't see! I couldn't hear! I feel my hand start to move without my permission.

No! Stop! What is happening?! Why am I not in control??? My hand keeps moving, seeming to write words.

The test was magical! It is holding control over me! No! This isn't fair!

My hand keeps moving, faster now that I was trying to regain control over it. My own hand was fighting against my rule!!! I let go, relaxing though still mentally freaking out. My hand slows. Everything continues to be white and my hand continues to write, no longer in resistance.

Maybe I can control this! I need control for this is freaky. I can do this! I relax, allowing the invading white to fully take over.

Air rushes into my lungs and I start coughing. Then I breathe, tasting the air. Oh how sweet it was. Energy seeps through my fingertips up my body. I felt good. I felt alive. I couldn't see, but I saw everything. I could hear, but sounds were all around me. I couldn't feel, but I touched.

I was. I just was....

I felt as though as if I entered a world between two worlds. I close my eyes tightly and mumble to myself, "Answer this right."

My hand stops mid-writing. I feel the touch of the pencil as it is turned around in my hand and the eraser starts wiping away everything my hand just wrote. My hand starts over.

"Control enough to get the right answer..." I think to myself and then fully relax. My hand was writing as slow as a snail. I start putting resistance on it, unable to see or feel. My hand moves faster and a smile touches my numb lips.

Then, I zone out. Enjoying this strange feeling of just being somewhere that is nowhere. I was. That's it. I was. I was there, but I wasn't. I just was. Wow.

I was fully engulfed. Cold cradles me as I whoosh out of my world. I gasp for breath as the air now tasted plain; no longer tasteful. I snap open my eyes to see that the test was now rolled up in front of me.

Mr.Plasmic takes my paper from me. "Lunch started five minutes ago. Go eat. You are the first one done."

I look around the room to see that everywhere where a test was open, the people were either mumbling with their eyes open, eyes were squeezed shut and hands were clenched, or total relaxation took the student's faces.

"I-um-I... I left my lunch outside of school property... And I can't exactly eat god food..." I mumble embarrassedly. "Plus, I'd rather not go outside. Especially after the dodgeball game."

Mr. Plasmic gives me a small smile, "Don't be so afraid of the people in this school, especially after what you did. And I think I might have an apple for you to eat."

I open my mouth and Mr. Plasmic interrupts me, "A human one. As in it is red in color."

I blush and shuffle after Mr. Plasmic as he goes towards his desk. He opens a drawer and hands me a slightly beaten apple. I take it in glee. My stomach growls in hunger.