Chapter 22

Early update!
Adorable Fanart from an Instagram follower @scaledpencil (base credits to original owner)
Enjoy <3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What. The. What?? Was the last thought ringing through my head as Haden attacks.

I gasp in slight shock as he unexpectedly connects his lips with mine. Locked. Haden takes advantage of my open mouth, taking the opportunity to take entrance that he so desperately desired and plunge in his tongue.

He roams my mouth expertly and I whimper in pleasure. His hands move, grasping my face gently and titling it; gaining his tongue more leverage.

My body lights on fire and I lose consciousness. I push myself against Haden as he holds me close around my waist. Fire lights up my skin. My hands possessively intertwine in his hair, pushing him closer.

He breaks the kiss, leaving me panting.

The student body was dead silent. Irony.

I take a step back, looking at Haden's bare chest as I tried to get my thoughts together. What just happened? First Nile... then this! Caleb certainly wasn't lying when the love list put me with those two. Oh god... What did they just do?

"Wha... How..." Abigale stammers in bewilderment. "I-I-I I don't understand! How can you kiss that thing?!" She points to me.

I take another step back, away from her blood-thirsty gaze only to bump into Nile's bare chest. Is this a freaking strip show?! Why does god clothing have to be so revealing?!

Nile's arms come around my waist and he interlocks his fingers, keeping me pressed against his chest. Nile silently shows possession and that I was under his protection. Those two are so stupid!!! They'll hurt their reputations! He rests his chin on the curve of my shoulder and looks up at Haden innocently. Although, this is a nice feeling.

An emotion flickers in Haden's eyes but it was gone so fast I wasn't sure if it was real. He turns on his heel, facing Abigale. "Because she is mine." Haden growls.

My heart flutters.

He then turns to the crowd, "And how dare all of you do this when your ancestors or even yourselves were human? Now time for class!" He didn't even allow them to process what he said before a cloud of swirling black smoke begins to form at his feet. Haden gestures up with his hands and the cloud grows bigger and lifts up.

Haden whispers one word and the cloud explodes, shooting everywhere and above everyone. I yelp. Nile's hand instantly covers my nose and mouth. Water gushes out of his hand, covering me so that I don't breath.

A few seconds later, he releases me. I gasp for air, pushing myself out of Nile's hands, before going into a coughing fit.

Haden catches me, allowing me to regain my footing in his arms. "Ugh." I groan. "What happened?"

I turn to look at the crowd and my mouth drops open. Everyone was passed out on the ground, peacefully snoozing on top of one another.

I take a step toward the pile of bodies. "What?"

Nile chuckles, "Deathy here got possessive and pissed. This is what happened." Nile gestures to the sleeping students surrounding us in all directions. Not even a speck of grass was seen from the field.

Haden scoffs, "You got protective too, water boy."

Nile winks at me, "For a gal dripping in wet paint. Always."