Chapter 5

Please Please Pleaseeee Vote! Comments are great too!

Enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watch as Haden leaves the house and leaves my father's property. I look to Venus. It was the weekend as my father said. It also was the first day of the 3 month sleepover I would have with her!

My mood lightens.

An evil grin takes my lips. I slip into the bathroom, grabbing a plastic cup and filling it with water. I sneak back into the boys' room. See, if we were in our room, I wouldn't want to get the bed wet, but because we aren't.... well......

"WAKE UP!" I scream and dump the water on Venus' head.

"AH!" She screeches, her eyes flying wide open. I burst into laughter. She jolts up, looking like a wild ravaging wet dog. Her eyes narrow as she realizes what I did. Venus points a scary finger at me, "You—my dear Eva—are a pest upon mortals!"

I hide the cup behind my back, smiling innocently, "I'm not a pest! I didn't do anything!" The sarcasm was thick in my sweet voice.

Venus rolls her eyes and starts clambering out of bed.

"Ya. Ya. Keep rolling your eyes. You might find a brain back there." I smirk. She throws a pillow at me and we erupt into laughter. She hops off of the upper bunk bed and smiles at me, "So.... What's my time limit?"

I tap my chin, "With makeup and shower?"

Venus rolls her shoulders, "Yep."

"25 minutes?"

Venus smirks, stretching her arms, "You're so on."

I laugh, "I'll get breakfast ready. On your marks. Get set. Go!"

Venus dashes to our room, trying to beat the time.

25 minutes later Venus struts out of our new mini-house looking like a goddess. Pun intended. Her blonde hair was styled into perfect curls and her makeup was natural but gorgeous. She was squeaky clean and had fresh clothes on of a frilly skirt and a cute tank-top. I don't usually say cute but Venus rocks the look and she beat the time!

Venus enters the kitchen looking like a model. "Dang that was fast!" I exclaim. She flips her hair, grinning like an idiot, "What can I say. I'm amazing!"

We start laughing again and take a seat at the kitchen table. We gobble down some cereal and then my mom ushers us into the car.

"So gals... now that the boys are gone and off to work... where shall we go?" My mother plugs the keys into the ignition. The engine roars to life before stilling to a rumbling purr.

Venus and I share a mischievous look before shouting together, "The mall!"

My mother laughs her beautiful laugh and pulls out of the driveway. "Alright, the mall it is!"

"Thank you Mrs. Sunray!" Venus says, flashing her best smile. "Thanks mom!" I say, flashing my own smile.

Mom shakes her head, "No problem dearies. Buckle up!"

We do as we are told.

Ten minutes later, Venus and I clamber out of the car with a few twenty dollar bills in our pockets. "Bye Mom!" I call and wave her off as she drives away.

"I love your mom!" states Venus as we enter the huge mall. I chuckle, "Ya. I know. I like her too."

Venus laughs.

We go around the mall checking out different stores and different items. We also have this tradition of buying a 'partner' piece of jewelry every time we go to the mall. Venus and I decided to stop by the shop called Cutsie Tootsie to continue the tradition.