Chapter 19

I'm so so sorry for the late update! School's starting but enjoy!

~~~~

When I finally awoke, Haden was not in my bed again. I made quick work of getting up, getting dress, and getting all my other morning duties done. Breakfast was lonely. Nobody was around and the house was eerie quiet; probably due to the fact that most people were still sleeping.

So cereal was lonely, but crunchy.

Being my curious human self I decided to walk around the house a bit, going into room to room to room without touching the upstairs rooms where everyone was snoozing.

Finally, quiet voices catch my attention and I tip toe towards the TV room. The huge TV was on. A news anchorwoman was in the center of it with her blonde hair styled and her blue pantsuit on looking all snazzy. I take another step into the room, cocking my head as I tried to catch up on the conversation.

"And so today, the son of a powerful, but sadly dead, chieftain decided to end the wars by creating a peace treaty between all the tribes of Middle Africa. I quote, "We have fought enough. It is time for a new era of peace." He is currently to be attending an assembly between all the tribe members, which he surprisingly paid for. Which puts to question, where did he get that money?"

The anchorwoman puts her finger to her ear and nods before looking into the camera, "The son, who was initiated as the new chief of his tribe, has just arrive this morning and just entered the meeting place. Debbie, over to you."

The TV screen flickers and instead of a female anchorman there was a dark-skinned male, also in a suit. His name was not Debbie. I shrug my shoulders, and continue watching, thinking it was a program error.

The man's deep voice begins, "There is the new chieftain now as he is about to say a few words to the interested crowd."

The camera pans to the podium where a figure was walking up to. A young dark-skinned man stands at the podium. He was young, a man who look about 17 years of age. A cold hand grips my heart.

That was the boy I talked with when I randomly teleported to Africa... what the hell?

My hands find their way to a pillow and next thing I know, I was squeezing this pillow full of fear that this was my doing.

The young man waves his hand, looking very tidy and powerful in his business suit. Where did he even get that?!

He begins to speak, "Many have asked me today why, of all choices that I could have done to revenge my dead father, why is it that I ask for peace? It is revenge over our dead brethren who were fighting over their dead brethren that kept us always on knife's edge. We need to end the war on peaceful negotiations for I truly do not even know why this war is still occurring. I managed to enter the tribe that took my father from me. They believed I was surrendering, but I told them I was not. I told them they were not getting our food, livestock, women, or anything else but our land. They were truly confused and their chieftain was not a pleased with my calling. He promised war by the end of the night. However, by the end of the night, my tribe was long gone to a new place; a place that the goddess Pacem has promised prosperity. She taught me the ways of peace the day my dead father was brought to me in pieces. My mind was rambling about revenge but she soothed it with a pale white-skinned hand. She spoke our language perfectly and promised a large profit to help me get started. She saw a good heart that can fight for peace in me and told me to share it with the world. And so here I am. I did get that profit, my tribe is living and well, and here I am, fighting to share that peace that she shared with me. May clarity be with you."