Chapter 28

EARLY UPDATED FOR LAST WEEKS LATE ONE!

Update :P

VOTE AND COMMENT!

Enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Haden." I whisper over the steady 'beat beat' of his huge black wings as we fly towards my house.

"Hmm?"

I nudge my head towards the road next to my house. A black sedan was sitting there, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. The windows were tinted black, hiding the people from the rest of the prying world.

Haden narrows his eyes and silently nods, flying over the house and towards the little cottage in the backyard. We land roughly with me tumbling out of his arms.

"Oh! Sorry!" He quickly lifts me to my feet and the windows of the car roll down just the slightest.

"GO!" He hisses and shoves me into the house, slamming the door behind us.

My mother was already at the doorway, looking worriedly at us as we walk in. "Darling? What's wrong sweetie? Why the urgency?!?"

I chuckle awkwardly, "Um... I may or may not have accidently walked in on Dad sleeping with another goddess."

Mom winces. "WHAT THE F*CK?!" I hear Venus's voice yelp.

My mother glares at the door, "I told you to be quiet!" She barks. The door opens to show shocked Venus and Caleb.

My mother gives me a small smile, "Now sweetie, I have presumed your father was cheating for quite some—WAIT WHAT?! You walked in on him?!?!" She realizes my statement.

I nod.

"How are you not dead yet? Or have had your memory erased?! Oh wait! Did you?!?" My mother lunges at me, grabbing my face and scanning it carefully. "Are you still my little girl?!?"

I shove away from my mom's arms, "Mom! He did not erase my memory, I'm still me!" I do a little twirl. "See? Same personality! You know erasing makes you a totally different person. And... he saved me." I glance towards Haden.

Mother takes a deep breath. "So I'm guessing that random black car is your father's henchmen after you?"

I nod. "All of us are not safe now that father is determined to erase my memory. I'm surprised he didn't get to you yet!"

My mother glares, "Oh he tried. But Caleb took Venus and me to a little walk through the forest. We saw his men raiding our home and then Haden connected with us."

I nod in understanding. "Mom, is there a place we could go where Father's powers could not reach us? Like a mortal safe haven?"

My mother gives me a small weak smile, "Sweetheart. I've lived with your father for centuries. You know he has his rages. Of course I found a safe haven. It's about three states from here, deep in a forest in witch territory. "

"Witch territory? As in beings that were demigod children for so long they only have powers but not other god aspects, thus witches??"

My mom nods and I blink. "I thought witches were a thing of fantasies?!"

Mother laughs, "Gods are too in the mortal realm."

I shrug in agreement. "Well, let's go then! Longer we are here, the more in danger we are."

"I agree." Venus butts in, walking into the tiny hallway. "But taking cars will be dangerous. I'm sure your father has a tracker on each vehicle. We need to fly...."