Chapter 32

SORRY FOR BEING LATE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The fire rages.

"THIS WAY!" Screams Nile over the roar of the flames. Screams of witches surround us like a wind. Each Mighty God quickly grabs their mortal. We start running.

"BOOM!" Another explosion. Sophie screams. Smoke twirled around us like a hungry panther.

"COME ON!" hollers Nile over the cries of destruction. Ash litters from the sky. Roaring flames rise hungrily as they burnt houses. Woman and children scream. Nile runs us to the dark forest, but just the edge. We could see the chaos as it unfolds.

The group starts going deeper. "We need to help!" I cry out. I pull myself from Haden's grasp. His gaze was more heated then the fire. Probably even more dangerous.

"It's not like I can access my powers right now to help!" Nile shouts. "The fire is draining the water from the atmosphere... We need to get to water!"

"Its just a fire! We can leave people alone!" Caleb argues with Nile.

I shake my head, "This is an attack...." I start running back to the village. "And you don't need powers to help! Mom is in there!" I turn on my heel and run straight back into the burning, screaming village.

"SH*T!"

I hear the stomping of feet behind me and knew I was being followed. I look behind me. Darkness filled the space in my vision with the embers of red hot heated remains drizzling like rain. "AH!" I yelp as a burning somethings falls in front of me. I lung forward, barely making the jump.

I was in a house. "CRACK!" The roof collapses. "AH!" "THWUMP!" Nothing touches me. I look to see Haden holding the huge on-fire roof above me. He throws it away as if the hundred-pound section of roof was a tennis ball. Ashes littered his fire-kissed skin. He yanks me up by my arm, hissing, "Don't ever leave my sight again!"

I would try to fight that comment, but my jaw was dropped as I watch his burnt skin heal like it was nothing. Haden raises an eyebrow, following my eyes. His eyes glitter, "I can't die through mortal causes, sweetheart."

I glare at him, regaining my own fire, "I love how you are smirking in a time of chaos and destruction!!"

Haden shrugs. It was like fire and death wasn't around us in his mind!

A roar, "DIE!" A humanish figure jumps through the flames, a crazed look and a knife in its hand. I scream.

Haden moves like a god (Which makes sense). He shoves me away, grabs the attackers neck mid-flight, and 'CRACK!' the attacker was dead on the spot.

I look in horror at the masked figure. Haden growls, "I made a god promise that with the right purpose, I can kill, even with you present."

I nod wordlessly. "COME ON!" Shouts Haden as the fire roars. We jump out of the house. It collapses behind us.

Dark silhouettes of witches run around us, trying to get to safety.

"WHERES THE GROUP?" I scream over the impossible holler of the flames.

"ARE MEETING US IN THE MIDDLE!" shouts Haden. Another building collapses behind us. "THIS WAY!" He grabs my arm and we go dashing to the center of town. Haden, my shield, as he walks through ashes and flames like nothing, protecting me.

We stop at the brick flooring of Town Center. I spin. The houses were black behind the snarling flames that licked the skies. Not a soul was left in sight. It was empty. And it was hot.