Chapter 41

Comment...

Vote..

Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes flutter open. I was still in the cavern in my father's building. I gaze around. God-Collars were on the floor, broken and fizzing. Nile, Venus, and Zlec were clutching their throats, awed.

"Woah..." Nile whispers, blinking.

"AHHH!" yelps Caleb as he is dropped from the ceiling, the rope falling behind him. A 'thud' follows soon after and everyone chuckles.

I look around, looking for that someone.

A lone figure was lying in the corner.

Haden...

My blood turns to ice. Suddenly, I was pulled forward, my feet taking me to him.

I collapse, my hands hovering over his body, unknowing. Heat floods into my eyes. "Haden..." I whisper, my voice a mere croak. The tears start to flow.

I gently touch his back, my hands staining gold.

"Oh Haden." I sob, lying over him. He's dead. Dead. Dead. Dead.

I hear as my friends clamber behind me.

I pull away, "Haden... No. Please... You can't. Y-you can't! I love you..." A mild tinge echoes in my heart from realization of what I said, but numbness took hold already.

Venus puts her hand on my shoulder, the comfort foreign, and unwanted. "Eva... We need to go."

I look at Haden, feeling the beginning of anger rush into my bloodstream. I stand in fury and then freeze as I see majestic black wings shuffle on his side. He shakes lightly, as if laughing. I kneel and push him to his back to see a grin stretching ear from ear.

He peaks open an icy blue eye, it dilating with humor.

"Haden?!" I shriek, pulling away in horror.

He opens both his eyes and winks, "The one and only."

"What the hell?!"

He sits up on his elbows, "I can't exactly die from mortal causes, mortal."

He stands and instantly Caleb rushes up to him, "Dude! You still have a knife between your shoulder blades. Haden turns to look and a stream of curses leaves those living lips of his. "Get it out!" He commands.

Caleb yanks the dagger and I wince from the sound of Haden's flesh tearing. Almost instantly, the wound closes. My eyes bulge, "Wha—?" Bafflement holds my features.

Haden smiles and looks at me, "You father had access to stunning knives. He asked me for god-killing ones ages ago, saying it was for 'protection'. However, I'm not stupid enough to be giving out god-killing knives to anyone." Haden plucks the dagger from Caleb, spinning the thing. "This is just a knife that can stun gods. Not kill."

"Then why—?" I am interrupted again. "Well mortal. I had to pretend so that your father worried about one less thing. I was planning to wake up eventually."

Caleb laughs and punches Haden on the arm. "Ya right! You were stunned out!" Haden glares at him.

Meanwhile, my mouth was still gaping and my veins still filled with sorrow with a tinge of anger.

"I-I-I—." I stammer and suddenly the God of Death was towering over me. His warmth washes over me and I blush fiercely, unable to still speak.

I feel fingers cup my chin and lift my eyes to Haden's. He gives that rare mischievous smirk, "And you said you looooovvveeed me."