Chapter 40

Happy New Years 2017! :D 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haden's POV:

I watch in fear as Eva's soul leaves her and she collapses onto the ground. Her wings twitch, but then still along with the rest of her body. Her eyes shut, but her mouth molding a smirk of revenge.

Her father's eyes were bulge. His ego made him blind to his daughter, and now she was dead. Fury fills my own soul, a craving for Mr. Sunray's death filling my mind and body. Hot white rage filled my blood.

"H-how?! Sh-she's a goddess?! How can this be?! And why is she dead then?!" He hollers.

Caleb spits at Mr. Sunray, "You were never there to get her up! You left her behind! You let her drown in my shadow! Well, the Mighty God project allowed her to thrive and grow. Then you sent your little assassin after her! A life for a life and she did the biding herself!"

Comprehension flashes in his eyes as I realize the situation too. Severa killed Eva, and... Eva killed Severa?

No wonder Eva faded! Once the giver of the poison dies, the sick person has five minutes to get the antidote!

My eyes dart down to my pant pocket were the thin test tube held the antidote.

Eva! I'm coming! Don't disappear yet!

"BAH! Severa did not kill Eva and Eva certainly did not kill anyone!"

"Really?! EXPLAIN THE POISON COMING FROM EVA's EYES!"

A door is thrown open and suddenly the body of Severa is thrown in. "Sir. We would like to inform you Severa Jude is dead..." The guard trails off seeing the rage in Mr. Sunray's eyes. He quickly takes the body away.

Any icy dagger blows through my heart as I realized my destroyer, was destroyed by the woman I loved. Eva killed Severa... what would cause Eva to have such a hate to Severa?

Mr. Sunray's features drop into hatred. He looks to his son. His voice booming as he argues with him. Both had smoke streaming from their ears.

I give a quiet whistle. Zlec's eyes snap up to me and I shuffle my hips, the little beaker just peaking from my pocket. His eyes shimmer and he elbows Nile next to him. The same thing happens. Nile jerks his head and looks back at Mr. Sunray.

I knew they got the signal. We all look to Sunray in hate. I feel something wrap around the beaker and then something pull it back. I give a sideways glance to see a little stream of water pulling the beaker out.

"HEY!" shouts a guard and I look behind me.

CAUGHT!

FUCK!

I bellow and smoke shoots out from me, hiding the world around us.

"GO!" I roar and suddenly chaos erupts.

My black smoke shoots up into the air. The world became black. The guards roar as they barge into the pluming darkness. No one could see anything. I suddenly remember Abigale's mind-link.

"ZLEC! ICE SHARD!" I below through the link and throw my body sideways. A guard trips over me, falling face first.

"ALREADY DONE!" Zlec replies and a second later, something cuts my ropes free. I jump up.

"CATCH!" He shouts and I catch the weapon of ice. He disappears into the smoke. The guard that tripped roared in anger. Annoyance fills me. I slam my foot into his face, silencing him. Shouts of pain and anger fill the empty air.