Chapter 33

Update

Enjoy ^-^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

"Mortal."

"That isn't quite the correct name now, is it since she's dead?"

Dead? Haha, what??

"Mortal! Open your damned eyes!" Hisses a powerful icy voice, too close to my ear for comfort.

"AH!" I yelp, scrambling from where were I was laying and slamming into the floor. I freeze as an unknown tingling takes me.

My hand touch the floor next to me. I couldn't feel it. I somehow knew it was there, but I couldn't feel it.

"Mortal. Take it easy." The powerful voice turns to take a gentle tone.

I sit up. I was in Haden's home in the Underrealm. "What?" I look down. My scream echoes across the house.

"Jesus! So loud!" cries another voice, different yet as powerful as Haden's.

My eyes were wide as I look upon myself. I wasn't solid. I was see-through; like a freaking ghost!! A blue tint colored my see through skin. I could barely distinguish my almost invisible body parts and the outside world.

Haden sighs deeply and walks around the table to me. He gently takes my hand, his fingers going through (quite literally THROUGH) my fingers, yet somehow using that to pick me up. I notice Nile leaning against the wall.

"Mortal. You are dead. Congrats!" Sarcasm was thick in his voice.

I blink a few times. "Haha... You are totally messing with me. I've felt my soul before... this doesn't feel like my soul!" That and you used sarcasm which you never do you ice cold death god!

Haden mentions to the table, where a body covered with a white cloth was placed. I walk, well, float, to the table and place my see-through hand over the body.

Haden lifts one side of the cloth to reveal my face. I gasp without a sound. Something clutches my heart, or at least that area, and a pressure builds in my chest. I start to choke.

"Mortal. Mortal breathe!" Haden snarls in command. I take a deep breath, everything releasing.

"Why do I have to breathe?! Souls are already dead?!!!" I shout, turning to face him to target my anger/shock at someone.

"You aren't a soul, Eva." Nile finally speaks. I sneak another look at my dead face. I looked peaceful, and almost in relief. However, I then notice something. Coming from my eyes were thin black 'cracks' with purples and greens on the black. The poison. I turn towards Nile, "What do you mean 'I'm not a soul'?"

"Just that. Eva. You aren't totally dead. Your body is dead, yes. But you cannot die from mortal causes."

I furrow my eyebrows, hearing that phrase before from Haden. "What are you talking about?"

Nile releases a heavy breath and looks to Haden. Haden rolls his eyes before look down upon me. "Mortal, you are a god. You cannot die."

Everything slams into me and time stops.

When I return from my strange state, I was in a chair. "I'm a goddess?!" I screech, not caring that I had no idea how I got to the chair.

"Aiy. However, since you've never had your transformation, your body was able to go into a 'death-like' coma. You are dead, but you can return." Nile explains. He points back to my body. "If you look at your body, you will see some movement. Those are your wings, a feature of your god-ness."