Chapter 6

"Why isn't Mila home? I mean she's been in the hospital for so many months, can she come back now?" Dinah whined for the millionth time this week.

She missed her friend a lot. It wasn't the same without Camila here in school. Normani and Lauren also had a sad expression on their face.

"DJ, calm down." Lauren said softly. "Calm down? Our fucking friend Camila has been in the hospital for months now and you're telling me to calm down?! Don't you guys think it's kinda suspicious that she is there for so long and they still haven't found 'anything' yet.." She air quoted.

"Listen she has something.. rare. They do know the symptoms but not which illness she has. Look it's hard to understand but Camz told me that. I believe her." Lauren said with a content smile. "Yes, it sucks that she is there for so long but we can't think negative. We have to visit her and make her think about happy stuff." She added.

Normani looked at her girlfriend proudly. "Yes Lauren is right. We have to support Mila and be there for her. We can do that." She squeezed Lauren's hand.

"Ugh, you people make me puke." Dinah said feigning annoyance. "Shawn! Come here! I don't want to be alone with them." She called him over and he smiled as he approached their table.

"You guys heard anything from Mila?" He asked curious as he sat down at the table. "No.. but I bet she was busy texting you." Normani teased him.

"Actually no.. she doesn't answer me. I'm getting worried." He confessed.

Lauren swallowed her face turning serious. Camila hadn't replied to her texts either.. This was so not her.

"I told you something was going on!" Dinah shouted and stood up but Shawn gently stopped her and made her sit back down again. "Dinah.. please sit down."

"If we panick we're only going to make things worse. Maybe she is sleeping.. She does sleep a lot now.." Lauren said thinking about her recent visits at the hospital.

"Okay let's just sit down right now and go there after school." Normani told everyone, her eyes locking with Dinah's a bit longer. She had to calm her best friend down.

"She's not replying to texts, so what? It's not the end of the world. We will go there after school." Shawn said trying to calm Dinah down aswell.

"Okay okay. I'm sitting down again." Dinah said convinced. They continued eating their lunch and talking. Lauren was focused somewhere else.

Camila.

She had to go see her now.

"I think I'm skipping next class." She said and stood up. All of them looking at her confused. "Why?" Normani said.

"I just.. I don't feel like going." Lauren said hesitating on telling them the truth. That she wanted to go see Camila.

They all looked at her suspiciously. "Whatever you say.."

She stepped closer to Normani and pulled her in for a hug. "Bye babe." She said before connecting their lips and leaving the school.

---

"Lo? You have school, what are you doing here?" Camila said confused when she had opened her eyes. She was so tired. She had slept so long but still.. Her body couldn't stay awake.

"I came to see you. You're not texting me back. We are all worried."

"Because I just woke up.. Can you people relax? Just because I don't reply doesn't mean I'm dying." She joked but Lauren couldn't really laugh.

"What's going on, Camz? It's like you're getting worser everytime I come see you." Lauren said her voice filled with worry and concern.

Camila gulped as her eyes locked on green worried ones. "Nothing, I'm just a little sick. I will get better soon."