Chapter 30

Months flew by and luckily everything was going well for the famous squad.

Normani was happy with Zayn. Niall and Dinah were going strong. So were Camila and Matthew. Everyone started to treat him like he was one of them.

Lauren had finally settled in her fuck girl life again. Madison long gone out of the picture. She didn't want anyone. Happy the way she was feeling now.

Her friendship with Camila wasn't necessarily the way it used to be years ago. But that was logical after their rollercoaster relationship. At least they didn't fight anymore and both were content with the friendship.

Even though sometimes they would be petty and throw some shady comments at one other...

"It's almost Christmas and I have literally no idea what to get Mani." Zayn said, clearly being stressed.

Lauren chuckled beside him. As they were walking through the busy malls.

"Maybe buy her a ring?" She suggested.

"Are you kidding me? A ring? So she will think I want to get engaged? No way." The dark haired boy said.

"But one day you'd like to get engaged to her right?" She asked him to check if his reaction was only because he thought it was too soon.

"Ehm..." he rubbed the back of his neck as they both stopped walking.

Lauren looking at her friend confused.

"I thought you loved her?" She said when he was still silent.

"I do." He defended. "It's just.. I don't know.. would I marry her? I don't know if she's really the woman I want to spend my future with.."

The green eyed girl was in complete shock.

They sat down at one of the cozy coffee places.

"Then why are you even with her?" She continued after they had ordered what they wanted.

"Omg Jauregui. Chill with the questions. You're a fuckgirl. You don't know anything about these things." He laughed.

But she gave him a stern look.

"Okay right with Camila.. but you never wanted to marry her right? Like did you ever think about it?" He asked curiously.

Now it was Lauren's turn to become slightly nervous.

"I..ehh.."

Zayn started to laugh at how cute he thought it was that his friend did in fact think about marrying Camila.

"You did!"

"Stop Zayn..." She said feeling embarrassed.

"Then what the fuck are you doing with your life. I don't know much about love myself." He then stopped. "I mean I do because I'm with Mani. But what you had with Mila.. that's like next level. All I know is that if you look at a girl and you think about having a future with her.. then fuck man. You really got it bad and you should chase her. Make her be yours."

But Lauren shook her head at this. "Don't you get it? She's happy with Matthew."

"But you still love her." He stated.

"Does that matter? She broke up with me and.. it's all fucked up. She would never take me back. Let alone still have feelings for me." Lauren said while playing with the spoon on the table.