Chapter 18

Sinu waited patiently for her daughter to explain when her face suddenly softened. The look on Camila's face told her enough. She pulled her daughter in for a hug as she cried into her mothers arms.

"Please don't cry mija. It hurts me to see you like this." Sinu spoke softly to her.

Shawn walked into the kitchen.
"Mila?"

He immediately rushed to her side. "What happened?"

"It's okay." She shrugged as she pulled away from her mother and walked back into the living room.

"Mila, you were gone for so long. We were worried." Normani broke the silence. Everyone was staring at Camila. Waiting for some sort of explanation.

Alejandro was fed up with his daughter being like this. He knew Lauren had done something.

"Did Lauren hurt you again?" He said accusingly.

"Yes!" Camila said done with her fathers actions.

"Yes she hurt me! Wanna know how? She left. Okay? She left." Camila had to hold herself together. She couldn't fall apart again.

"You'll see her tomorrow at school. Don't worry." Her mother tried to calm her.

"No mom, I won't. She left town. She is never coming back!" All of them looked somewhat shocked.

"Did she tell you that?" Dinah asked in disbelief. "Yes. She's gone. I couldn't stop her."

"Wow.." Alejandro breathed out. He hadn't expect this to happen.

"That's right dad! Wow is all you can say! Isn't this what you wanted? For Lauren to leave me. Well, she did." Camila for the first time in seventeen years stood up for herself. She was actually yelling at her father.

"Well Shawn!" She turned to her boyfriend. "Where is your ring? So you can marry me! Do it! Marry me! Let our fathers unite their companies together and be the richest businessmen on earth! Right dad!"

No one knew what to say or do. Sinu began to understand everything now. She glared at her husband.

Normani and Dinah just looked at eachother in panic and Shawn was thrown back by everything his girlfriend was saying.

"Don't raise your voice at me young lady!" Alejandro warned his daughter. "Or what? You're gonna send all of us to Cuba?"

He was speechless for a moment.

"Don't worry about your plan. I won't ruin it. See, I will marry Shawn and everything will be alright." She walked over to Shawn and intertwined their hands.

But tears were running down her cheek.

"Why are you blaming me for her leaving. We know how she is. She wants to explore more girls." He tried to blame her.

"That's enough! We both know how much Lauren and our daughter love eachother! Why did you have to ruin it for your own selfish needs?!" Sinu was angry at him.

"And you know what dad? She didn't even tell me this." Camila told her father. He raised his eyebrow in confusion.

"She didn't?" He was surprised.