Chapter 19

"What do you mean she isn't?" Lucy asks carefully.

Lauren sighs and turns to look at her. "Like I said. She was my girlfriend..."

"Actually now that I think about it, we were everything all at once. It was very confusing but let's say we've been through a lot." She explained.

Lucy nodded. "So like.. she is your ex. Was that why you reacted so weird when you saw her again?"

"Yeah."

"Where you weird to her because of me or is there another reason?" Lucy asked.

Lauren sighed and closed her eyes. "I don't really know. A lot of things happened between us and I just.. I didn't know we would bump into her."

"Lauren. You are back in your old hometown, where she lives. What did you expect?" Her girlfriend said as if it wasn't obvious.

"I know, I just assumed she would be gone or whatever..."

"Should I be worried?" Lucy asked after a moment of silence. "Do you still love her?"

There was the question Lauren definitely didn't want to answer.

Truth to be told. Lauren had counted the days aswell. She also missed Camila like crazy. She moved on with Lucy only because she thought there wasn't a slight of chance with Camila anymore. But the way the younger girl was acting showed her that maybe there was a chance.

But she had to break Lucy's heart and a part of her couldn't do that. She truly loved Lucy just not the way she loves Camila.

"Lauren?" Lucy said when the dark haired girl hadn't answered.

"I.. No." She lied. "I just want to apologize to her for the way I behaved at the restaurant. I should have been nicer to her."

"I agree. But is there still something going on between the two of you?" Lucy asked, feeling insecure.

"No." Lauren answered. Lying once again.

"Okay. I believe you."

"Good so now let's go and forget all this." Lauren said as she started the cat and drove off.

---

"She is engaged?" Sinu asked, she was shocked to say the least.

After Camila came home her mother could immediately sense something was wrong. Which resulted into Camila telling her the whole story.

"Yeah mom, she is. So what is there left for me? Lauren is gonna get married to this beautiful girl and I will stay alone because I love her." She had to clench her jaw so the tears wouldn't start running down her face..

"You don't even know that, mija. I believe that everything happens for a reason and maybe this was meant to be. For you guys to bump into eachother again. I'm sure it will lead into something again." Sinu told her daughter while rubbing her arm.

"How are you so sure mom?" She asked her voice all small and insecure.

"Honey, I just know. There's a flame between the two of you and it never burned out. It probably never will..."

---

The next day Camila went to buy a car somewhere at a car sale. She hoped it wouldn't be expensive.

She was looking at different cars when her eye fell on a Ford Mustang. Yeah it was an old car but it was still gorgeous.

"Need some help?" A very familiar voice said from behind. It gave her chills. The butterflies in her stomach went crazy.