Chapter 28

As Lauren was walking down the road she heard someone calling her. But since it wasn't the voice of the person that just broke her heart she didn't bother.

She couldn't even see where she was going to because of the stupid tears blocking her view. She hated crying.

Crying is a sign of weakness in Lauren's eyes. She was supposed to be this badass fuckgirl but here she was crying in the middle of the street. Her leather jacket left in Normani's house.

"Hey!" Zayn pulled on her arm causing her to turn around.

"Why did you leave? What happened?" He asked.

"It's done... she doesn't want me.. she made it pretty clear." Her face squinting while she said that.

"Dude.. you know that she is just saying that bec-"

"Yes I know because I hurt her and all bla bla. But it doesn't matter because maybe this time I went too far.. I didn't believe my own fucking girlfriend.." she cut him off frustrated.

"That wasn't your fault.. you know I ruined it all.." Zayn said feeling more than guilty while rubbing the back of his neck.

"You trusted your best friend.. it's what any person would do.."

Lauren scoffed at this. "Exactly I should have trusted my best friend... Camila wasn't just my girlfriend."

"She was your best friend too.." Zayn finished for her.

Lauren shook her head as she proceeded to walk the other way.

"You left your jacket there though. Shouldn't we go back to get it?" He tried again.

"I'll buy a new one." She said monotone.

"We left Niall there, he rekindled things with Dinah.." Zayn said again.

"Good for him. Now leave me alone I'm going home." She was annoyed with her friend now.

"Let me get my car we parked it in front of Normani's house remember? Let's walk back. I'll take you home." He desperately tried. He felt Lauren slipping away from him.

"No. I'll walk."

"Lauren just let me-"

"Let you what! You think giving me a ride home and pretending to be my friend will somehow fix all of this!? Don't forget that you ruined this for me because drugs was more important to you than our friendship!" She jabbed him in the chest.

She was furious with him when she thought of all the things he had done.

"I thought you forgave me for that.. we talked about it and all.." the dark haired boy said feeling a little bit hurt.

"I did. But I just need some time.. I need to be alone. So just let me. Go back there fix things with Normani and just bring Niall home later. Just go." She pleaded.

He looked at his friend to see if this is what she really needed. And then left with a sigh.

——