Chapter 20

The math teacher winked at Lauren as he walked away to give them some alone time and she silently thanked him.

"I.. you left me.." Camila was at loss for words.

"Camila, you know why." She said defeated.

"You didn't have to.. you could have stayed. You got engaged to someone else. That didn't need to happen.. so you did this all to yourself." Camila said, tears filling her eyes.

Lauren swallowed hard. This was harder than she thought.

"What did you expect?! For me to run into your arms right now?! You screwed me over Lauren! While you were doing God knows what with your fiancé, I was thinking about you everyday! Searching for you.. trying to find any type of contact..." she barely could get the words out cause she was just so emotional.

Lauren just looked at her, knowing she had more to say.

Camila took a deep breath before continuing. "At the restaurant, I was so happy to finally see you. But you completely mugged me off. Like I was a total stranger, as if I didn't mean anything to you. I get it Lauren. You moved on with someone else. But at least acknowledge me. I took care of you all day.. and your girlfriend comes to pick you up.. and now you're here saying you love me. It's all very confusing.. I don't want this." She finished.

"I know that everything I say seems bullshit. I really mean this though. I had no choice back then. It was too much for me. The whole pretend game. You and Shawn, it made me feel sick to my stomach. Your father who threatened to take you away forever.. I couldn't.. I wasn't able to handle that." She said in all honesty looking at the brunette girl in front of her.

"This is insane. You want to be with me and break off your engagement with Lucy? Are you joking?" Camila was frustrated more than ever. How could Lauren do this.

"I already broke everything off and told her I love you. Please Camila, give me a chance." The green eyed girl pleaded.

Camila shook her head. "You're ridiculous. I am not going to be your anything."

She walked passed Lauren and wanted to go back to her class.

"So you lied then." Lauren spoke making Camila turn back around to face her.

She raised an eyebrow at Lauren. Waiting for her to continue.

"You claimed that you were in love with me through this whole year that I was gone but clearly you're not. You lied. Because if you really loved me, you would have been happy with everything I just told you." Lauren spat at her.

"You're wrong. I wish I didn't love you anymore. I wish I could just slap you in the face and never think about you again. But I can't. You have this power over me that is unexplainable. But I won't let you break me for the millionth time." The small girl shook her head.

"No. I'm not gonna wait untill it's convenient for YOU to want me. You proved to me that you were capable to live without me so why would I ever believe anything that comes out of your mouth? I want you Lauren. Don't get me wrong. But do you want me?"

The dark haired girl stared at her in confusion.

"What? Didn't you just hear every single word I said to you? Of course I want you."