Chapter 23

Normani didn't really know what to say. The whole car ride back was silent.

Why the fuck did Lauren have to ruin it like that? And why did Camila actually believe that for once things would have been different.

They made their way back into the house and Camila didn't bother to walk back to the living room. She went straight upstairs to her room.

Normani just gave them a sympathetic look. But she thought it was best to give the younger girl some space.

Dinah on the other hand rushed upstairs. But not before Normani caught her wrist. "Don't make her feel bad.."

"Relax. I wasn't going to rub it in her face that I was right but maybe next time you guys should listen to me..." and with that she went to find Camila laying face down on her pillow.

"Mila..? I'm sorry?" She said not really knowing what was the right thing now.

"You were right." Her muffled voice said.

Dinah just rubbed her back while Camila was crying into the pillow.

"What happened?" Dinah asked softly.

Camila sat up and wiped the remaining tears from her face. "She wasn't home when we got there..."

She took a deep breath and continued. "She was on her way back to Lucy..."

"Aww Mila." The Polynesian said feeling guilty for actually being right about Lauren.

"I'm sorry for being so rude to you before and like-"

"No no Dinah. Don't apologize for warning me." The brunette caught her off. "I should have listened to you. But I'm just so in love."

"I know. Love makes you.. it makes you want to believe in the happy ending." Dinah helped her.

Camila crawled into Dinah's lap as the taller girl just held her for comfort.

"You're gonna be alright."

Later that night Camila decided to go downstairs and make the most of the night. Her family came from all the way and she couldn't just leave them alone because she was heartbroken.

"Mija, is everything alright?" Sinu said walking over to her daughter. "Yes mom. Don't really wanna talk about it."

Her mother nodded. She understood her. "We will talk about it tomorrow."

---

It was time for the guests to leave and Camila hugged her friends and family goodbye.

"Mom, let me clean up. You're tired." Camila took the dishes from her mom.
Her father was already sleeping cause he was too tired.

"Are you sure?" Sinu said yawning.

Camila nodded and began cleaning everything up when the doorbell rang.

"Must be abuela, she forgot something like always." She said laughing to herself but it soon disappeared when she looked at the person standing on the other side of the door.

"Camz, I'm sorry."

Camila blinked a couple times. Was she dreaming of was Lauren really standing at her door.

"Lauren?" She breathed.

Lauren took that as a sign to step in and pull Camila into her arms as she hugged her tightly.

"I'm here. Don't worry." She said reassuringly.

"But you went to Lucy..." the younger girl whispered in disbelief. They pulled away from the hug and went upstairs to Camila's room.