Chapter 27 - Birthday

Grayson's Point of View
      I woke up early the next day to get everything set up for the party.
    "Woah, I'm sixteen." I said to myself as I walked out of my room. I started walking downstairs when I realized Jenni wasn't on the couch, were she had slept. 
    "Jenni, Are you awake yet?" I yelled throughout the house. I started to hear some noise in the kitchen so I guessed that's where she was. I was walking through the kitchen when I saw Ethan was covered in what looked like whipped cream.
   "Gray watch out!" Ethan yelled and motioned with his arm for me to move. By then I knew it was too late. Jenni had come up and smacked my face with a plate of whipped cream.
   "Happy 16th Birthday boys!" Jenni shouted as I was wiping myself with my t-shirt.
   "I'll get you back Jenni," I said. I realized my face was still pretty much covered in whipped cream, and to cover her face in whipped cream, I grabbed her face and kissed her.
    "First kiss of me being sixteen." I smiled at Jenni.
"Uggh, you to just need to stop," said Ethan staring at us looking disgusted.
   "Jealous much?" Jenni responded giggling.
   "Okay you guys stop fighting, I know you guys don't like each other, but today is our birthday. Just no fighting for today, and tomorrow you guys can hate each other all you want. Deal?"
   "Fine, Deal," Jenni and Ethan said in unison.
   "Oh, that reminds me, I have to go run some errands." I went to go upstairs to start getting ready when Jenni pulled me back.
  "Where are you going?" she asked.
   "I told you errands."
"Yeah but where?"
  "To get some stuff we forgot for the party." Ethan looked over at me with a confused look. I widened my eyes to tell him just to go with it. He rolled his eyes at me, but he played along.
   "Can I come?"
  "Uhm, no. sorry, but what you can do is wait here with Ethan until the tables and chairs come. Then when I come back, we can set them up." Jenni agreed and went back into the kitchen with Ethan.
   I continued to go upstairs and put on a tie dye muscle tank top and matched it with a pair of jeans. I walked out the door and began to go get my plan ready.
    The real reason I didn't want Jenni to come with me was because I was planning to buy her a pizza to ask her out with. I was walking over the Pizza Hut to order her a cheese pizza with garlic crust, and on top it would say, " Is this a cheesy enough way to ask you out?" Around the pizza box, there would be mini Christmas lights.  It sounded so cheesy, but I knew Jenni would love it.  
     I ordered the pizza and they told me I needed to wait 30 minutes so meanwhile I went across the street to buy movies. I wanted to buy movies that I knew Jenni liked. I knew that Jenni really liked Disney themed movies so I decided to get one of my favorites, Finding Nemo and the Lady and the Tramp. I got them and then walked to Target. I didn't think a pizza was enough, so I decided to buy her a nice necklace. I went to the jewelry and picked out a silver necklace with a small hollow heart as a design. While I was at Target I decided to get the Christmas lights and balloons just because I told Jenni I came to grab party stuff.
    I went back to the get the pizza and it looked just like I wanted it to be. I paid for the pizza and started to walk back home. "This day will be wonderful." I whispered and smiled to myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jenni's Point of View
    It was close to being 1:30 and Grayson still wasn't home. The tables and chairs still weren't here either, so I decided to go get ready. I walked upstairs and opened my suitcase. I figured that since straightening my hair took the longest, I would start on that first. I took the straightener out along with a brush and went to the bathroom. I plugged the straightener in and as I was just about to start, I heard the door open. I knew it was Grayson. I was going to go say hi to him, but I didn't want to leave the bathroom until I was done with my hair.
    I didn't straighten my hair often, so I took a really long time doing it.
    "Jenni, What's taking you so long?" Grayson yelled from behind the door.
   "Chill, I'm getting ready."
   "You've been in there for almost two hours."
  "I'm almost finished." Grayson groaned in frustration but walked away. I was taking forever in the bathroom. I checked the time, it was 3:45, and the party started at 5. 
  I was touching up and finishing off my hair when I yelled," Okay I'm finished." I was unlocking the door when I heard someone running.
   "Finally Jenni what took you so- Woah. Damn Jenni you look hot." Grayson said and he couldn't stop staring.
  "What? All I did was fix up my hair."
"Yeah, but wow. I didn't think you could get more beautiful, but here you are."
   "Aww, Grayson, thank you, your so sweet. I hope you look nice too, but I'm still not done getting ready."
   "Well I'll let you get ready cause I want you to look hot." Grayson joked. I playfully hit him and went into his room to change.
   I took out my suitcase again, put the straightener back and pulled out my dress. I slipped it on, and looked in the mirror. I kept starting at myself, and I had to admit, I did look pretty hot. Grayson would love it. As I was thinking of Grayson, I remembered I had to put on the makeup he gave me. I took out the makeup and began to put it on. I wasn't professional so I took a while on applying it. I was applying my foundation when someone knocked on the door. 
   "Come in," I yelled. I thought it was going to be Grayson, but to my surprise it was Ethan. 
  "Oh hey Ethan, what's up?" He didn't answer, all he did was stare at me. I snapped my fingers in front of his face to take him out of his trance. He blinked then looked up at me.
   "Oh, um, sorry. Grayson was right, you do look hot."
  "Well, um thank you I guess." 
   "You look so nice in that dress, and your hair, looks beautiful." Ethan added. I started to feel pretty awkward because I thought Ethan was flirting with me. I know that he acted like he didn't like me, but I was pretty sure he still had feelings for me. 
    Ethan stopped looking my outfit and finally looked up at me as if he remembered what he came into the room for.
   "Jenni, I came in here because I wanted to apologize for how I've been acting lately. I know I've pretty much just been a complete asshole lately, but I want to change that. I know that you might not like me, but I want you to at least forgive me. I know that I can get really mad sometimes, but that's only because I really like you Jenni. I can't ever stop thinking about how beautiful you always look and whenever you're with Grayson, I get jealous because I knew that that could have been me, but now we have a chance to change that. Jenni, could you find it in your heart to forgive me and be my girlfriend?"
   I was shocked at what Ethan said. My throat went dry and it was like I couldn't find the words to say. I managed to choke out," I'm sorry Ethan, you're really sweet and all, and I will forgive you, but I will not be your girlfriend, I'm sorry."
Ethan instantly looked like he had anger stored up inside of him. He ran over to me and pinned me on the wall.
   "I'm not accepting no for an answer," Ethan said harshly. Ethan kept me pinned against the wall and tried to kiss me. "Ethan stop! This is exactly why I don't want to be your girlfriend."
   "No, I don't care, your going to be mine no matter what." Ethan said and kissed me. I couldn't take it anymore. I hated Ethan, hated him. I liked Grayson and he was the only one I wanted to be with.
  Ethan pulled away from the kiss and I instantly screamed. "Grayson!" Within seconds, Grayson was in the room. "What the hell? Ethan! What are you doing?"
   "Jenni will never be yours. She will be mine forever!" Ethan yelled.
   "Ethan, you need to stop!" Grayson yelled at him and took him off the wall. He looked at me to make sure I was okay and I nodded in reassurance.
    Grayson took Ethan downstairs and once again I heard them arguing.
   "Ethan what were you thinking?"
  "I was thinking that Jenni should be with me and not with someone as naïve as you."
  "You think she would ever go with you? At least I don't force her to be with me! I swear Ethan you need to think. Jenni will be mine and she doesn't like you, so just understand that."
   "But she deserves to be with-"
  "I don't care what she deserves, she likes me and I like her, and she will be with me, not you, you got that Ethan? Now if you excuse me, I have to go get ready, and you should do the same." Grayson said and started to walk upstairs. 
   He entered the room I was in. "Hey Jenni, sorry about Ethan but are you okay?" I nodded.
  "Are you sure, did he hurt you?" I shook my head no.
   "Okay I get if you don't want to talk about it, but just remember, you call me for help, no matter what. I'll find you, I'll help you. Now, don't worry about Ethan, you just get ready and look beautiful." I smiled at his comment. He was leaving, but I ran to him and hugged him.
   "Thank you, for coming and taking Ethan away."
   "Don't worry, I'll always help. Now finish getting ready, the fun is about to begin. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  The tables and the chairs were set up on the roof and the guests were starting to arrive. I had finished putting my makeup on and all I needed was to put on my shoes. I opened my suitcase and saw the present I had for Grayson. I decided to leave it there and grab it whenever I thought it was time to ask him. I put the heels on and walked out of the room. Grayson was waiting downstairs for me.
   He stared at me in amazement, as is he never seen anything more beautiful. 
  "Damn Jenni! You look so hot. I'm so lucky to have a crush on such a hot girl." He winked and had a smirk on his face.
   "Why thank you, and might I saw you look rather sexy in that tux I picked out for you." Grayson blushed.
  "Your pretty adorable when you blush." I added and kissed his cheek.
   "Stop making me blush, you know I hate it!" Grayson said playfully.
 "Fine, lets just go to the party." I said and followed him onto the roof.
    We got to the roof and it was already packed. It was already getting dark, so the dancefloor was filled. Like usual, I was hungry, so I decided to get some food. 
   There was a buffet table that was full of chicken wings, tacos, French fries and salad.
   "Oh my god! There is so much food!" I yelled.
  "Just for you." Grayson replied.
  We both got food, and sat down at a table. We got drinks and started to eat. Everyone was dancing except for a couple of people sitting down. I looked around and noticed Cameron was sitting down at a table talking to Ethan.
   "Grayson, what is Cameron doing here?"
  "Oh, I forgot. Ethan invited him."
 "Grayson, you know I don't want to see him."
 "Jenni remember, don't worry today is supposed to be a good day. Let's dance to get your mind off of things. "
  I nodded and we walked onto the dance floor. We danced to a couple of songs and Grayson made me forget about everything else for a little while.He was all I could think about.
I loved dancing with Grayson, it made me forget about everything, all I could think about was him and how much I wanted to be with him already. Then, in the most perfect moment, a slow song came on. I wrapped my arms around Grayson's neck and he wrapped his around my waist. I rested my head in his chest, and he started to whisper into my ear.
   "You seriously look so beautiful tonight. Couldn't ask for a better birthday." He kissed my forehead. In that moment I knew I had to ask him out. I knew he was the one. I didn't like Grayson, I loved him. I felt so safe when he was around and he protected me no matter what. I waited until the song finished then told Grayson I was going to get a drink. Instead I was going back inside to get his gift. I was going inside when I was someone pulled my arm and stopped me, Cameron.
    "Jenni, god you look beautiful."
  "Thank you, I've been told. You look nice too."
  "Listen, I just want to apologize. I know I've been acting rude lately but I want to change that. I know we have something Jenni, something special that no one else has. I strongly believe that we belong together. Let's try one more time, please Jenni. Will you make me happy once again and be my girlfriend?" 
  Cameron started to reach into his back pocket like he was going to grab something but I didn't want him to do anything. I didn't want to be with him anymore, I wanted Grayson.
   "I'm sorry Cameron, I can't." I said and took off running.
   "Jenni wait!" Yelled Cameron, but I didn't bother to turn around. I just kept running until I got to my present.
  I my present and went back outside. I looked around for Grayson, I saw him with Ethan and he had a pizza box. He noticed me too, and walked up to me. 
   "Before you say anything Grayson, I want to say something first. I really like you. You know what, no. I Love you. Grayson, I love you and I want you to be with me. Be my boyfriend and that will make me the happiest girl ever. So will you be my boyfriend?" 
  I waited nervously as to what he would say. He didn't say anything, all he did was open the pizza box. Inside was a pizza and it said ,'Is this a cheesy enough way for me to ask you out?' I thought that was so adorable.
   "Seems like your pizza is cheesy enough for me to be your girlfriend." I smiled.
   "In return I will be your boyfriend." Grayson smiled.  I saw he also had a necklace and he put it on me.
"Matches your dress nicely." He said and smiled to himself.
   I was going to kiss Grayson when all of a sudden I heard someone run up to me.
  "Jenni I didn't finish what I was saying. I-" started Cameron. 

He looked at the card I had for Grayson and the pizza Grayson had for me.   "Looks like you moved on quickly Jenni. I guess I'll see you later." Cameron said sounding sad and walked away with his head down. I turned around and saw what he had in his back pocket, He had a rose and a paper that said, for Jenni, forever and always. I felt really bad so I knew I had to go and talk to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ethan's Point of View

I watched as Jenni and Grayson finally made their relationship official, and now she was talking with Cameron. I couldn't stand it anymore, she talked to everyone else except for me, but now Jenni was going to pay. If Jenni didn't want to be with me, she couldn't be with anyone. I walked over to where she was talking to Cameron, and I noticed she was really close to the edge. Without thought, I shoved Jenni as hard as I could, pushed her off the ledge and watched her land on the concrete below.

*****************