Chapter 41 - Emergency

Ethan's Point of View
I was waiting after school for Jenni, and she was taking longer than usual. I called Jenni to see where she was, because she never took this long to get out of school. Instead of Jenni answering, it was Cameron. By the way he spoke. I knew something had happened to Jenni.
I instantly ran out of the car and called Cameron to see where he was.
"Cameron, where are you?" I asked as soon as he picked up.
"We're in the science lab, do you know where that is?"
"Uh, yeah I'll be there." I hung up and sprinted as fast as I could to the lab.
I busted into the room and rushed to where I saw Jenni. She was covered in blood, and to what I saw she was unconscious. I was scared for Jenni. I knew it was only a punch, but she went unconscious. I was worrying that maybe since she went unconscious the first time and lived, that this time, things might go differently. I decided to just forget about that, because I would never want that to happen to Jenni.
"Cam, what the hell happened? Why didn't you protect her?!"I yelled at him in fury.
"Well I wanted to make Jenni feel the same way she made me feel at the Christmas party, so when I found out you two were dating, i started to date Andrea without Jenni knowing. Just to make her even more jealous, I purposely invited her here so she could see us together. Which then caused a little argument, but since Andrea didn't know Jenni would be coming, she got really mad causing her to punch Jenni. There was nothing I could do, I never thought Andrea would hit her."
"You're such a bitch Cameron. You're lucky I don't knock you out myself."
"Who cares about me right now Ethan! Jenni's laying unconscious! Call the damn ambulance!" Cameron said, raising his voice in frustration. I figured he was right, there was no point in fighting. The more we fought, the less time there would be to be able to cure Jenni. I quickly took my phone out of my pocket and dialed 911.
*****
Soon the ambulance arrived, and the few teachers that were on campus watched because they had no idea what had happened. We called Jenni's parents, where they said they'd see us at the hospital. Because none of us where family, we went allowed to go in the back of the van with Jenni.
Cameron and I rushed to my truck and followed the ambulance to the emergency room.
It was rather empty except for two other people in the room. We got seated and impatiently waited as they rushed Jenni to a room.
A couple moments passed as Jenni's parents appeared in the emergency room. They saw us and hugged us but quickly walked over to the desk where they asked for Jenni. I really wanted to see how she was doing, so I leaned in to hear more clearly what the desk lady was saying.
"Their running a couple of tests to see how she's doing, but you might be able to see her in a moment." I heard her say. Jenni's parents thanked her as they sat down next to us.
"How did this happen?" Jenni's mother asked. Cameron explained the whole story and her father wasn't very pleased.
"So this is all your fault?" Her dad said in a stern voice.
"Yeah," Cameron answered, as his eyes fell to the floor. I could see the sorry on his face, he had never meant to do anything, he just wanted revenge, just like I had.
Her father started to rise from his chair and come closer to Cameron, but I stopped him.
"Sir, this may be his fault, but we all make mistakes. We don't even know how she's doing, but getting mad won't make it any better." I said, trying to calm him. He sighed but understood because he sat back down.
"Alright Cam, I forgive you, but if Jenni doesn't make it, trust me, you'll pay."
"I understand sir, but don't worry, she'll be alright." Cam said and flashed a slight smile in his direction.
*****
You could see the nervousness and fear on everyone's face as we we're waiting for the news. Suddenly, as if god had just answered what all of us were thinking, Jenni's doctor appeared. We all rushed to him to hear what had happened to her.
"How is she? Will she be alright?" Her parents asked in unison.
"She's fine, she got into a minor concussion. She's still unconscious, but she should be up and breathing pretty soon. You may come see her, but I suggest parents first." Me and Cam nodded as we went back and sat down again. A wave of relief washed over me as we sat back down, knowing she was fine made all the better. She could be with me again, where we'd be happy, once again.
Her parents came back out, and Cameron and I decided that we should take turns going in. He let me go first, since he caused the whole incident.
I walked in and saw Jenni, lying on the bed, wires attached all to her. She didn't have blood over her body anymore, she got cleaned up. I noticed a purple mark growing right over her eye, a bruise from where Andrea hit her. I was so mad at Andrea for hitting Jenni. I was guessing since she wasn't here, she didn't care to see how Jenni turned out. The next time I saw her, I was going to do the same to her.
I walked closer to Jenni, pulled a chair next to her bedside.
   "Jenni, I know you can't hear me right now, but at least I know you'll still be here by my side. Jenni you're just so amazing, you the most perfect girl I've ever met. You may blame Cameron for this, but he's just like me, he got jealous. Jealousy makes us do some pretty stupid things. Why wouldn't we be jealous? The thought of being without you makes me crazy. I'm just glad you're all mine again. Whenever I'm with you, you make me feel special. I've never thought about someone as much as you. I haven't been this happy in months, but now that I have you, my smile can't be taken off my face. I love you Jenni, I may have said that before, but I want to shout it to the world. They need to know you're mine. Jennifer Marie Cruz, I love you with all my heart, and that won't ever change."
   I leaned over and slightly kissed her forehead. As if my words fixed her wounds, her heart monitor blinked on and I heard her heart beep. I smiled with such joy, you couldn't slap the smile off my face. As I walked out, all I could think of was Jenni. I was taken out of my thoughts when Cameron ran up to me .
"Ethan, I forgot about Grayson."
"What about him?" I asked confused.
"He deserves to know just as much about Jenni as we do."
"Yeah you're right, I haven't talked to him in a couple of weeks, but I'll tell him to come over."
I began taking out my phone, but Cameron stopped me.
"We can go pick up Grayson, I need to make another small stop on the way." Cameron said with a smirk.
"Cameron, what are you going to do?"
"It's something I like to call, payback."
~~~~~
   This fanfiction is almost over :(
  I'll finish this as soon as I can, so I can start on another fanfic I want to write.
    I'm glad you guys are liking this one :)
      And yes I did update this in the middle of the night, but it's summer so who cares.
    Btw, Thank you so much for 5k reads :))))
- Cristal