Chapter 40 - Incident

Cameron's Point of View
I began to kiss Andrea more passionately as I heard the door open. I knew exactly who it was. Jenni. I wanted her to come. So she could feel the same pain I felt the day of her Christmas party.
I had purposely taken Andrea's phone and texted Jenni to come to the lab. I knew she would come since she was always with Andrea now.
Now that Jenni's here, I couldn't be happier. I felt her anger in the room, but I continued to kiss Andrea. Andrea had no idea that Jenni was here and she didn't seem to notice the door open.
As I pulled away from Andrea I turned in Jenni's direction. Andrea looked up in the same direction and she instantly looked shocked.
"Andrea what the hell do you think you're doing?" Jenni said looking pissed.
"I thought you asked me to meet you here because you forgot something. Not to watch you make out with Cam." Jenni continued.
"I asked you to meet me here? Now why would I do that?" Andrea responded.
Jenni seemed to ignore Andrea and then she began talking to me.
"And you Cameron. I can't believe you. I invite you back into my life and this is what you do. First the Christmas Party-" I cut her off.
"I made you feel bad at the Christmas party. What about me? I really wanted to reconnect with you, but all you wanted to do was spend time with Ethan. "
"Is it really my fault that he was there when you weren't?"
"It didn't really look like he was there for you when he tried to kill you."
"That's the past, He's changed."
"You can forget about his past, but what about ours? I was trying so hard to keep you, and I changed for you too, but I guess you only noticed Ethan. But like you said 'that's the past.' Now I'm perfectly happy with Andrea." I said and turned to Andrea with a smile. She bent down and pecked my lips in return.
"With Andrea? You two are official?" Jenni said clearly mad, trying to keep her calm.
"Yeah, we went official, just like how you and Ethan did."
"How do you know about that?" Jenni said blushing probably because she didn't want anyone to know.
"I'm not an idiot. You always do home with him, and Andrea says you talk about him all the time."
As soon as I said Andrea's name, Jenni's head snapped toward Andrea.
"Why didn't you tell me about you and Cameron. Why are you even dating him, he's my ex."
"If you weren't going to tell me about you and Ethan, then I didn't have to tell you about me and Cameron. I don't care if he's your ex, you broke up. You had your chance with him."
"You're such a bitch Andrea, you can't just take Cameron away from me."
"I already did. Besides you were the one who took the twins away from me. If it weren't for me you would even know them."
"If you're jealous-" Jenni started.
"Jealous? God Jenni you're just so full of yourself. Why would I be jealous of a slut that expects everything to be solved on its own? I swear Jenni I'm done with you, just leave."
Jenni didn't leave, instead she walked closer over to Andrea.
She lifted her hand up and slapped Andrea hard across the face.
"Bye bitch, have a nice life."
I walked over to Andrea, whose cheek was turning red.
"Jenni, what the fuck. Don't hit my girlfriend." I said sternly and I slightly brushed my hand over Andrea's cheek.
"She deserved it." Jenni said and began to walk away. I wasn't just going to let her leave without a scratch.
I was starting to get up but then Andrea got up before me.
"Hopefully the next time I see you, you'll have your shit together and just choose a boyfriend already." Andrea said as she approached Jenni.
"I'll choose right now. I choose..." Jenni began but was stopped when Andrea hit her forcefully in the mouth.The punch was so loud I heard it almost echo.
Jenni fell to the floor, her mouth full of blood. Blood was flowing out of her mouth, as she laid motionless, still.
"Andrea, what the fuck was that for?" I asked, my voice raised.
"She hit me, I hit her harder. She was the one that deserved it."
I walked over to Jenni to find out that she wasn't only not moving, she also wasn't breathing.
"Andrea call an ambulance, she isn't moving."
"I'm not calling an ambulance for her, just let her die. No one wants her here anyway."
"I want her here, I couldn't imagine a world without her."
"Fine do whatever you want, I'm leaving." Andrea said as she walked out. I just let her leave and called the ambulance for Jenni. I started to worry about her. If she never woke up, I would never know she she would choose. I knew she didn't like me at the moment, but I still had the slightest hope.
I was impatiently waiting for the ambulance to come when I heard the slightest vibration. It wasn't my phone, so it had to be Jenni's. I walked over and it was Ethan.
I answered it.
"Jenni what's taking you so long?" Ethan asked, worry in his voice.
"It's Cameron, and there's been an incident."
~~~~~