Chapter 1: Gifted

After months of taking care of Zoe, he finally made the hardest decision he ever made, it was to put Zoe in the hands of someone safer, someone trusted and will take care of her. And he knew exactly who. 

He went to Hogwarts, and to the Headmaster's office, where an old, wise-looking man was, pacing back and forth but abruptly stopped when Snape went in

"What brings you here Severus?" the headmaster, Professor Dumbledore, said. His voice calm and eyes sparkle in curiosity behind his half-moon shaped glasses.

Snape hesitated... He knew he was doing the right thing but why does it feel that he can't? Of course, he can feel that way, he's giving his daughter away! And for all he knows, he won't see her for so many years and he doesn't know if he can take that... But he has to, he made a promise to his wife that he will take Zoe to a safe place, in a place far from the dangers her father had caused.

"I-I need you to take her"
Severus showed Zoe to the headmaster, the beautiful baby girl tugging Snape's clothes.

"She isn't safe with me. If the dark lord, as you said, will return, she will not be safe in my hands"

Dumbledore looked through his spectacles at the baby. 
"May I?"

Snape nodded and carefully gave the baby to Dumbledore. He observed the smiling baby, then smiled as he had discovered something that would change the baby's life.

"Amazing," said Dumbledore.

"What is?"

"Severus, your daughter is gifted. Look at her eyes"

Snape did what Dumbledore said and looked at Zoe.

"Look at her eyes, those eyes mean that she is a seeker, she can foresee the future and the past by her own will Severus"

Her eyes, unlike any human eyes, were different. She had deep blue eyes with white, small shining dots, it was as if you were directly looking at the stars.

"She's also a veela Severus... Amazing it is. You wish me to take the girl?"

Snape nodded slowly, still thinking about what the headmaster said about his daughter.

There was a moment of silence, Professor Dumbledore contemplating his choices. He might be powerful and feared by Voldemort, but he isn't sure if he can take care of the girl. It brought back fearful memories from his past that he wishes to hide in the deepest, darkest parts of his mind. 

"I'm afraid I can't keep her Severus. I am, as you know, a very busy man. Even though I have been looking out for this school taking care of a baby, however, is a different issue. But I do know a trusted muggle friend. They are a lovely family. And I must say, I do envy them"

"Muggles?! You... You will give my child to a pair of muggles?" Severus Snape asked, clearly not believing what he had just heard. A pair of muggles raising my daughter? That's an outrage! A scandal!

"Yes.. Do not worry for they can take care of Zoe. They always wanted a child but unfortunately they can't... I know they will treat her like their own daughter Severus. Trust me" Dumbledore rested his hand on Snape's rigid shoulder and gave it a little squeeze as if calming him. The headmaster gave Severus a look that says how he should trust him and somehow, Severus Snape slowly nodded, sighing deeply in defeat.