Chapter 3: 11 years later

Eleven years had passed and everything seemed great with Zoe. She wasn't an out-going type of girl, but she had everything she needed. Harry became her friend since they were neighbors, seeing each other every single day, Zoe listening to Harry's complaints on how the Dursley's treated him more of a slave than a relative. Even if she couldn't relate, she let Harry vent out and tried to give a few bits of advice that she thought might help him, and Harry appreciated it. He was just glad that there was someone who wouldn't bully and treat him like garbage.

Zoe was sitting at her front yard, reading her favorite book when someone patted her shoulder, she looked up to see Harry, smiling widely at her.

"Hi, Harry! How's it going?"

"I'm going to the Zoo with Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and Dudley because it's his birthday today. And... I kinda asked Uncle Vernon if you could join... So, you know.. I won't feel alone"

Zoe smiled, stood up and dusted the dirt off her jeans and raised an eyebrow at Harry

"Of course Harry, I'll just tell mom"

ZOE'S POV
I ran inside the house and looked for my mum. She was in the kitchen, reading her cookbook. I guess she's going to cook something new for supper.

Mum's back was facing me, and I just had an idea. I sneakily crept up behind her, my eyes sparkling with mischief as I shouted at her ear.

"BOOOO!!!"

Mum screamed and jumped out of her seat and looked at me, holding her chest. She was so surprised that I can't help but laugh out loud, my hand on my stomach.

Bloody hell! I did well!

"Stop laughing Young Lady! You frightened me to death!"

"I'm...I'm so sorry mom... B-but you should have seen your face!" I said, trying to stifle my laughter.

Mum stopped glaring at me and joined in laughing.

"Oh, mum I almost forgot! Harry asked me if I can go with him and the Dursleys to the Zoo. It's that fat Dudley's birthday"

"Okay honey, but you know the rules. Don't go home late, don't talk to strangers and have fun."

"Yeah, mom bye!!"

I kissed her on the cheek and ran outside so fast that I bumped into Harry, making the both of us fall on the grass.

"Oh dear! I'm sorry! I got a little fast"

I stood up and helped him up. He just nodded but I can also see his face change to color pink. Is he blushing? 

Writer's POV
Harry and Zoe went inside the Dursley's car when Uncle Vernon suddenly dragged Harry out

"I'm warning you," he said, putting his large purple face right up close to Harry's

"I'm warning you now boy, any funny business, anything at all, and you'll be in that cupboard from now until Christmas."

"I'm not going to do anything," said Harry

But Uncle Vernon didn't believe him. No one ever did, except for Zoe and her family.
The problem was, strange things often happen around Harry and it was just no good telling the Dursleys he didn't make it happen. There was one time when Aunt Petunia, tired of Harry coming back from the barbers looking as though he hadn't been at all, had taken a pair of scissors and cut his hair so short he was almost bald except for his bangs, which she left "to hide that horrible scar".  However, they got disappointed because in the next morning they had gotten to find out that his hair is exactly as it had before Aunt Petunia had sheared it off. But Harry wasn't the only one. Zoe, when sad or angry, makes objects float everywhere! She couldn't even explain why and her parents were as shocked as she was, but told her that it's okay. At least Zoe had understanding parents, unlike the Dursleys who never believed in Harry.

Everyone went in the car, Uncle Vernon on the driver's seat, Aunt Petunia in the passenger seat, and the three were at the back. Dudley was more than happy to let Zoe join them in the zoo. He had this little crush on her because "She's just so beautiful. Too bad she's hanging around with Harry, she would be much happier around me" Harry and Zoe were playing thumb wrestling when Dudley whacked their hands away.

"What was that for?"
Said Harry, surprised by his sudden outburst.

"I want Zoe to play thumb wrestling with me. Come on Zoe, I know you like to play with me than with Harry"

Zoe gave Harry an is-he-mental look and Harry just shrugged. Little did they know, Harry was a little protective over Zoe, so he switched places with her so that Harry was in the middle. He looked at Dudley.

"Sorry Dudley, but she's too far away for you to play"

Dudley glared at him and mumbled something under his breath. Zoe nudged Harry a little to make him look at her.

"What was that all about?"
She whispered, raising her eyebrows.

Harry knew there was something in Zoe that attracts every boy here in town, and he just wants to protect her from them. Harry just shrugged and leaned at her shoulder, making Zoe smile.