Chapter 30: Restricted Section

Zoe's POV

I was sitting on our library as I search and search about anything related to a speaker of death.. and I feel that I was close to find my answers..

Oh who am I kidding?! I was far from finding my answers! I groaned as I banged my head on the thick book infront of me.

"Where (bang) in the name (bang) of Merlin (bang) are you?!" I said banging my head... I've been in the library everyday, after finishing my homework I search every book that can help me define what that bloody centaur said about me... I remembered Hagrid say that I should talk to Professor Dumbledore about this but I felt that it's too personal and I should talk to Professor Dumbledore as a last resort if I really can't find any information about it.

I've seen Hermione here as well, but she's with Ron and Harry most of the time. It's as if they were searching for a book they too couldn't find... I was just so focused on finding the right book that I didn't ask them what they were looking for and maybe I could help and they could do the same for me, making things easier.

Harry and I are in good terms but we weren't as close as we were before we went here to Hogwarts. He seems to be having his own business, as if he's keeping a secret with the other two. I know they'll tell me if I ask but right now I don't really feel like doing so, it's like I'm prying to some people's business.

"No progress I see." I looked up to see Draco looking down at me, he was wearing his cloak with the Slytherin scarf proudly around his neck.

"No... I see you're heading back home for the holidays."

"Yes.. My father was invited by the Minister of Magic himself to accompany him on a vacation in Greenland and he wishes my mom and I to come with him." He says proudly with a smirk.

"That sounds great Draco. I hope you enjoy your holidays."

"Aren't you going home to celebrate the Holidays with your parents?"

"Nope.. They have a business trip in Ireland and they'll be celebrating the Holidays with their focus on work... Besides, I haven't found anything about a speaker of Death."

I watched as Draco took a deep breath and reached the book infront of me, closed it, and returned it to where it was before I took it. As he returned, he grab a hold of my hand and dragged me outside the library.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, still being dragged by Draco.

"Great Hall... you've been in that bloody library everyday that I thought you lived there. You eat a little, sleep little and communicate little.. You need to stop searching for that bloody book because you're missing the fun! It's the holidays, it's best if you have fun."

"but I need answers.." I whined as we were walking to our table and Draco munching a piece of cupcake.

"I know how you want to find answers but you should have fun first okay? I'm off. Happy Christmas Zoe." Draco hugged me and then gave one last smile as he left the Great Hall.

I huffed and looked around. The Great Hall wasn't packed of students because majority of them would spend the holiday with their parents... My eyes stopped scanning my surroundings when I saw Ron and Harry focused on something infront of them. Since I had nothing better to do I stood up from my place on the Slytherin table and sat beside Harry and saw what they were doing.

"Woah," I silently said as I saw what they were playing

"Hey Zoe" Harry and Ron said, I nodded my head in acknowledgement as I continue to stare at the moving chess pieces as they murder each other into pieces.