Chapter 10: Platform 9 3/4

Harry and I finished shopping our supplies and we were now packing our stuff at my house.

 Harry slept here because the Dursleys weren't home yet. My parents didn't mind. In fact, Harry was like a son to them and a brother to me. Every time Harry gets a time off from the Dursleys I invite him to my home and mum would give him a bright smile as she offers him biscuits or a drink--that is if she's home-- and Harry would give them that look of gratefulness, as if thankful that not everyone treated him like a slave. 

 As Harry and I pack our things, I can't help but reminisce our time in Diagon Alley. When we were there my favorite part of shopping is when we went to Ollivander's. Harry got a 12-inch wand and according to Mr. Ollivander, it was made out of a Phoenix's tail. 

It was curious to him that Harry would have the wand because the wand he had has a twin, and that twin's owner gave him his lightning-shaped scar. I was wide-eyed when Harry first held it. The wand was glowing and then air started blowing at Harry's face that came out of nowhere. 

I got an eleven and a half inch and Mr. Ollivander said that the core is from a Hippogriff. Since we bought all of our supplies including books, I've read about them. They were big, prideful creatures that had a head and wings of an eagle and a body of a lion. They can only be touched if they let you to.. Or else, you might be sent to the hospital. I've read almost every book not only because I love reading, but the books itself are interesting! I could spend the whole day reading these books without getting tired of it. I guess it's because there's so much more I didn't know in our world... so much more than math and science, there's also magic living among us, and were unaware of it.

Now that we finished packing, Harry and I sat in the living room, watching the news as we wait for Hagrid to come and escort us to the train station.

"You know-" Harry started. 

"No, I don't know," I quickly said, earning a glare from the famous Harry Potter.

Yeah, I've read about it. The rumors surrounded us as we went shopping for our supplies in Diagon Alley that said that he had defeated one of the most powerful dark wizards! His name was feared to be spoken, and he vanquished all Muggle-borns in the magic world. And Harry, who was a baby, is the only one who survived a killing curse, Avada Kedavra, I shuddered when I read it...

"uhm.. Earth to Zoe?" Harry said, snapping me again from my thoughts.

"uh- yeah- sorry-what were you saying?" I asked.

"I said, that I would rather stay and live here than with the Dursleys. Sure, they're the only family I got left but they don't give a dime about me..."

I hugged Harry. He was trying to be tough because everyone was pushing him. 

I felt bad for Harry. He doesn't deserve this. After what happened when he was just a baby, he was left in the Dursleys doorsteps and they raised him without showing and giving him the love and attention he needs. I hope that all the hard time he is having will come to an end. 

A sudden knock on the door made Harry and I sit straight, surprised by the sudden knock.
I rushed to the door to see Hagrid, smiling at me.

"Hi Zoe, yeh both ready?"
I nodded in response. Mum and Dad went back to work earlier and gave us their best wishes. I wasn't able to ask them about Severus and Isabella because they were busy with their work. I called Harry and we all walked, with our luggage with us.

***
We were walking at King's Cross Station, where Hagrid gave us our ticket to ride the train. But then Harry suddenly stopped.

"What's wrong Harry?"
"Look, it says platform nine and three-quarters" I looked at his ticket, then at mine. It did say platform nine and three-quarters...

"But... There is no platform nine and three quarters, is there Hargrid?" when Harry and I looked up... He was gone.

"Hagrid?" said Harry
"Where is he?" I asked... Did he ditch us? Why would I think of that? He might have gone somewhere important and forgot to tell us that he had to leave.

I took a deep breath and tugged Harry
"Come on Harry, we'll find it"

But boy I was so wrong!

We were lost in King's Cross station! And we only have 10 minutes left before the train leaves.

"Excuse me, sir," said Harry, walking to a police officer. "but can you please tell us where  platform nine and three-quarters is?"

The police officer scoffed and looked at Harry in disbelief.
"Stop playing pranks on me boy! There is no such thing as a platform nine and three-quarters! Now move along!"

Harry went back to me and smiled a little.
"It was worth a shot"
I sighed.
"How are we ever going to find that stupid platfor-"

But then we heard a woman, followed by a couple of red heads
"--packed with Muggles, of course--"

We didn't hear everything she said. But one word was familiar to me... It was muggles. Harry looked at me and gave me a look that said lets-follow-them. I quickly nodded. These people might be witches and wizards as well.

"Excuse me," I said, smiling at the lady.

"Yes, dear?"
"uhm... Well... Can you tell us how to go to platform nine and three-quarters?"
"Of course! First year at Hogwarts? Ron's new too" she pointed the last red-headed boy there. He was tall, thin and gangling, and he smiled shyly at us. Harry and I smiled at him too.

"Not to worry dears, all you have to do is walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Don't stop and don't be scared you'll crash into it, that's very important. Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous. Go on, you can both go at the same time if you want."

"Thank you," I said

I looked at Harry and he looked at me, then at the barrier. We started to walk toward it, then more quickly and when we were so close I closed my eyes and just walked straight without stopping. I expected a crash but I didn't, instead, I saw the platform nine and three-quarters and a huge train that says: Hogwarts Express .

I took a deep breath and smiled. And walked towards a man who was fixing the trollies inside the train. He smiled at us and took our stuff and we thanked him. Then, we went aboard the Hogwarts Express