Chapter 6: Hagrid

There was only one problem now... Where on Merlin would they find her supplies? Books for transfiguration, potions, and others. The only thing that they can buy that they know of is a pet or owl. And Zoe's getting frustrated. Only a day left to go to Hogwarts and she doesn't have a single supply for school. She started to think that maybe she won't be attending Hogwarts when suddenly someone knocked on their door.

"I'll get it..." Zoe said, walking a little slow and a frown on her face. She was surprised at what she saw. A giant of a man was standing in the doorway. His face was almost completely hidden by a long, shaggy mane of hair and a wild, tangled beard, but you could make out his eyes, glinting like black beetles under all the hair. Zoe stepped back, she was frightened, she had never seen a person so big and hairy before.

"Good-mornin'. Are yeh Zoe Jones?" the giant said. Zoe nodded slowly, still scared of him. The giant must have noticed this as his hand made its way to his beard.

"Don' be afraid. I ain't gonna bite I won't. I here yeh'll be studyin' at Hogwarts teh?"

"H-Hogwarts? Y-yes... H-how did you-"

"How do I know? Yeh'r friend 'arry 'ere told me"

He backed down a little to reveal a smiling Harry Potter.

"Harry!" Zoe rushed to Harry and hugged him tightly. Harry did the same thing.

"How did you know I was going to Hogwarts?"

"Remember the last time we saw each other? You were holding a letter and I knew that it looked familiar and it was. I also have the letter. We're going to Hogwarts!"

Zoe smiled happily, now atleast I know someone she thought. Her fear from the giant was gone and she smiled at him.

"I'm sorry if I acted scared a while ago. I'm Zoe by the way"
"Nice to meet yeh. Call me Hagrid, everyone does. An' I'm keeper of Keys and grounds at Hogwarts, yeh'll know about that when we get your supplies"

"Hagrid!"

All of them looked at Zoe's mother, who was smiling widely.

"you're picking up Zoe now?"
Zoe looked at her mother, startled.

"Picking me up? What does that mean?"

"Hagrid's here to help you buy your supplies dear. Since neither I and your father know where you buy your supplies. Hagrid is here to guide you."

"Won't you be coming as well?" she asked.

"Oh, I'm afraid not my dear, our boss called us because we have an emergency meeting and he said it couldn't wait. Also, I heard non-magic people like us can't enter that place you're going to. But I'm sure Hagrid will keep you safe"

"That yeh'r righ' abou'"
"Well, off you go now! Don't be late for supper!!"

And with that, the three of them were walking in the streets, excited to buy their things.