Chapter 29: Language of Death

Zoe's POV

As I stopped my tracks on the side of Professor McGonagall's table, the 4 of them stared at me wide-eyed. I just gave a small wave and looked down.

"Now, the 4 of you might be wondering why Ms. Jones is here... She, like the four of you will be in detention as well."

"But what did she do?" Draco suddenly asked.

"She was controlling another student's will without them being aware of it.. In other words, hypnotism."

"I thought she used the imperious curse." Ron said

My head snapped at him and I glared at him.

"If I had to pick with the 3 Unforgivable curses, I would use the Cruciatus curse on you! You think I'd be in detention if I used an unforgivable curse?! No.. I'd be expelled.... or maybe sent in Azkaban-"

"Calm down Ms. Jones!"  Professor McGonagall suddenly said, standing up. I looked at everyones horrified faces and then I looked at my hand, which was tightly gripping my wand. It was pointing on Ron's face and he looked like he was about to cry

My eyes grew wide with shock as I lowered my wand and hugged Ron. He was shaking with fear and it was because of me.

"I'm so sorry Ron! I didn't know what I was doing.. The potion is very difficult to control... I'm so sorry.. You know I'd never hurt you right? You're my bestfriend!"

His shaking stopped and I felt his arms slowly wrap around me, giving me a hug.

"I-It's okay Zoe... I understand." Ron said as we separated from our hug.

We then focused on Professor McGonagall as she spoke.

"Mr. Filtch will escort you to where your detention is designated." she then nodded at someone behind us and as we looked, Filtch was giviing us one of his toothless smirks.

We quietly followed Mr. Filtch as he walked outside Hogwarts and to Hagrid's hut.. The sun was out and nothing but the lights of Hogwarts illuminated the dark path we were heading.

"It's a pity they let the old punishments die," Mr. Filtch suddenly said, breaking the silence "there was a time detention was found hanging your thumbs in the dungeon." He sounded like he really likes it..

"that's so fun.." I muttered. I heard the 4 of them chuckled but Mr. Filtch didn't seem to hear it.

"Oh God I miss the screaming" Mr. Filtch added, smiling like a lunatic. We didn't say a word until we reached Hagrid, holding a big crossbow in his hands.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do in the dark forest." He said in a spooky tone. I just shook my head and just went to Hagrid.

Something's off about him "Hagrid, are you okay?" I asked, looking up at him in concern. He sniffed and looked at us.

"Norbert's gone!" He suddenly said.

"Who's gone?"  I asked

"Norbert is my baby dragon..... and now he's sent to Romania to live in a colony."

"Uh.. You gave birth to a dragon?"  I asked stupidly, making Hagrid laugh and pat my head.

"You really know how to lighten up my mood... how's the potion?"