Chapter 25: The Sorting Hat's Mistake

Zoe's POV

Every Slytherin-except Pansy- made a circle around me. The others were interrogating me on and on about how I got in here. Even the prefects asked me various questions. I, ofcourse, didn't tell them what truly happened, because even if Harry and I were in bad terms right now, it's not right to just tell everyone what happened. So I sat uncomfortably besides Draco, who, thankfully, answered their questions. I was rather grateful that he lied to them and kept our secret safe..

"Anymore questions?" Draco asked, loving the attention he's currently getting because of me. I rolled my eyes but smiled nonetheless.

"What is everyone doing down here in the Common Room this late?" Everyone froze as we all turned around to see Professor Snape, his eyebrows raised and his cold demeanor up, sending shivers to my spine.

He scanned the room when no one spoke and spotted me, sitting beside Draco. A look of surprise washed his face as he slowly walked towards me.

"What..In the name of Merlin.. Are you doing here Zoe?"

I felt that Draco was about to answer but Professor Snape gave him a look that says I'm not talking to you. Draco immediately shut his mouth and looked at me sheepishly. I looked at Professor Snape to see that he had a look of concern and worry in his features. This is the Professor Snape that I saw everyday during potions. The head of Slytherin house with a hard expression but a soft heart to those who understand him. When Hermione told me about Professor Snape trying to curse Harry's broom i didn't believe her...It didn't felt right. He might be saying countercurses to an unknown curser...Perhaps someone good at curses. My mind was suddenly working at immense speed, quickly thinking on who might've cursed Harry's broom. But my mind stopped when i heard a clap from no other than Professor Snape himself. I fixed myself and took a deep breath.

"May I speak to you in private Professor?" I asked and looked at Professor Snape dead in the eye.

He was a little taken aback but nodded nevertheless. He guided me to his office in the dungeons and took a seat.

"Now, what is it that you wish to tell me?"

I took a deep breath and told Professor Snape about this weird voice that took me to the Slytherin's common room.

After explaining, Professor Snape was quiet, looking in a different direction and completely spacing out. I stood there awkwardly, looking and naming Potions familiar in mind when Professor Snape stood up

"Follow me."
Is the only thing he said as he opened the door for me. I slowly nodded and went out the room, quietly following Professor Snape. I silently observed the teacher walking beside me and saw how troubled his face is. I wonder what's wrong.

A couple of stairs and twisted turns and we came face to face with a Griffin statue.

I furrowed my eyebrows and was about to ask what we were doing here when he said:

"Licourice Wands" and a hand gesture that I didn't understand.

The statue suddenly turned upwards, a spiraling staircase beneath it. When it stopped, Professor Snape climbed up the stairs before me and came to a stop as he opened the door.

I stared in awe as I looked around the room. Portraits of wizards and witches hang the walls, all asleep in their respective seats. Books looking as old as Hogwarts and as new as a baby dragon. My interest in books spiked as I stare at each book, all were thick and promising knowledge to whoever reads the pages. We came to a halt in front of a table, books and parchments fill the table, no space for another book seen. I finally looked up to Professor Snape.