Chapter 20: Three-Headed Dog

Zoe's POV
Ron and I were walking when we met Harry with a big smile on  his face, and I knew what that meant. He told us about how Professor McGonagall introduced him to Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor qudditch captain about Harry being a seeker.  

"Seeker?" Ron asked Harry.  "But first years never get in quidditch teams! You must be-"
"The youngest house player ins century, McGonagall said" Harry said.

"Congratulations Harry! I knew you would be a part of quidditch!" I said and he stared at me for awhile.

"Did you see this happen?" He asked, and I nodded my head innocently and he laughed while Ron had a confused look on his face.

"See what?" He asked.
Just before I could answer, Fred and George patted Harry on the shoulder.

"Well done," said George "Wood told us. We're on the team too--beaters."

"I tell you, we're going to win that Quidditch cup for sure this year," said Fred

"Wait, what do beaters do?" Harry asked, looking at me .

Before I can answer,  Fred and George butted in

"We're there to make sure YOU'RE not beaten up" George said and I noticed Harry frown as  we  walk

"No promises though, rough game Quidditch is" said Fred, as they walked away.

"What do they mean, 'beaten up badly'?" Harry asked, looking uncomfortable.

"A beater's first duty is to guard their team members from the Bludgers, which they do with the aid of bats, which they use to hit the bludger away from his or her teammates" I said, remembering what I've read in the library about Quidditch.

"Woah, you know something about quidditch" ron said amused

"I've read it in the library, Quidditch Through the Ages by Kennilworthy Whisp. " I said, smiling. to be honest I plan to join Quidditch on my second year as a chaser, because I find Quidditch interesting, with strategies and mental thinking to score a goal or to snatch the Quaffle from the other team. Plus, I love flying! It makes me feel free about the world and makes me carefree.  

"I'm not sure," Harry said "What if I make a fool out of myself?"

"You won't make a fool out of yourself," said Hermoine, walking closer to us. "It's in your blood"  we all looked at each other, confused.

"Follow me" Hermoine said, walking past at us .

We then stopped on a trophy shelf where Hermoine pointed a golden patch...

Best Seeker
James Potter

"Woah! You didn't tell me your father was a seeker!" Said Ron, gawking at the golden patch.

"I-I never knew.." Harry said, while starring at the golden patch admirably. Wow, I bet 2 galleons that Harry is the best seeker in the world.

****
After eating dinner at the  great hall, the 4 of us where the first one's to leave.

"I told you she's creepy, she even knows everything about you!" Ron whispered in Harry's ear, gesturing Hermione. I looked at her and she just tolled her eyes playfully.

"Who doesn't?" Harry asked.

"Hermoine, I have to tell you something when we get in our dormitories" I said, Hermione was beyond curious when I space out sometimes. She notices it everytime I had a vision of things that would happen. I would stop walking and stare at nothing, the white dots on my eyes started moving. She would always ask me about it and I would ignore her. But later is the time to tell her. I trust her and I know that she woudn't tell anyone about my gift.

"Sure Zo- Woah!" Hermoine said, holding on the staircase and we all did the same.

"What's happening?" Ron asked

"The staircase is moving" said Harry and the stair stopped

"We should go in here before the staircases start to move again"

We went inside a door and inside was dark and cold. Suddenly, there was light coming from a torch near us.

"Does anybody feel that we aren't allowed here?" Ron asked shakily, and as I observe the place, my face became pale.

"It's because we shouldn't be here... this is the third floor corridor. We're forbidden to be in here if we don't want to die a most painful death." I said, backing to the door. If somebody finds us here we will get expelled!

Meow!

We all stood still, and slowly turned around to see who made that sound..

"H-Hi.. Mrs. Norris" Hermoine said... Mrs. Norris is Mr. Filtch's cat. Mrs. Norris meowed again and walked closer to us as we step back...

"Mrs. Norris? Where are you sweety?" We heard a grumpy voice not far from where we are..

"It's Mr. Filtch!" Whispered-screamed Harry

"Uh... I think we should run for our lives!" I said and ran to the opposite direction.

"That would be a bloody good idea" said Ron, running as well.

We stopped when the door in front of us wouldn't open.

"That's it! We're Dead!"-Ron

"Oh move over!" Hermoine said, pushing Ron away the door. She then took her wand out of her robe, tapped the locked door and said "Alohomora" the door suddenly opened and we piled in quickly and closed the door, leaning our heads so we can hear any noises from the outside.

We suddenly heard Mr. Filtch's voice and then it was gone after a few minutes.

"He thinks the door's locked" said Harry

"And for a good reason!" Ron exclaimed as he pointed something horrifying.

It was a giant three-headed dog! It's eyes were sleepily opening, while their big amount of saliva slowly drips down the floor... wait.. the floor! Isn't that a-

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!" the three of them suddenly said, and Hermoine grabbed my arm and hurriedly closed the door, where the three-headed dog was fighting for dominance, but in the end, we won. we closed the door and ran back to our dormitories for dear life.

As soon as we entered the common room, we all flopped down on the couch and tried to calm our hearts.

"What are they doing?! Keeping a thing like that here?!" Ron exclaimed, breaking the silence.

To my surprise Hermoine stood up suddenly and looked at all of us, pissed as ever.

"Don't you use your eyes?! Didn't you see where it was standing?"

So she saw it too.

"The floor?" Harry suggested.

"I'm sorry, I was a bit preoccupied with its heads.. If you didn't notice there were 3!" Ron said, looking at Hermoine like she was the craziest person he ever knew.

Hermoine huffed. "It was standing on a-"

"Trapdoor," I said, and they all looked at me "the dog was standing on a trapdoor.. And it's pretty obvious that it's guarding something, something very valuable" I said and looked at the floor, thinking what precious thing are they hiding there.

"Zoe's right..... now, I'm off to bed, before you guys get us all killed, or worse EXPELLED" Hermoine said and walked up to the girls bedroom. 

I took a deep breath and stood up as well.

"Let's call it a day shall we? You guys got to admit, even if we almost died it was a heck of an adventure" I said and they both smiled and nodded at the same time. 

"I'm going to check on Hermoine and go to bed as well.. You both should go to. If not, you guys might wander around and get yourselves killed, or worse, EXPELLED!" I said, imitating Hermoine and i received a heart-felt laugh from the both of them. I bid them a goodnight as I climb my way up to the girls bedroom and have a little talk with Hermoine.