Chapter 16: Professor Quirrell

Zoe's POV
Hermione and I are inside our dormitories, her bed was just next to mine.

"You know I still think you and Malfoy are a thing" said Hermione, crossing her arms and facing me.

I sighed and looked at her.
"Look, Draco and I are just friends! Besides, we can't be a thing! We just met a day ago. Plus, he's the clingy one not me" I said defensively. There was really nothing between us.

"Okay... but I think Malfoy likes you"
"What?!"
"It's quite obvious actually, he's protective over you, clingy and he only pays attention to you."
"That's absurd.. I mean, how can he like me?"

"Well, you're a veela, you're beautiful, exceptionally intelligent, you have this bright personality. I mean, really, there are more than a million reasons for any guy to like you"

I just rolled my eyes at her and lay down on my bed.

"I reckon you're just tired. Good night Hermione" I said. I heard her huff "Goodnight Zoe"

***

It was a blur, but I can still see a radio, and it was playing a song... A sad song... I looked at dad and he smiled at me. Then a tear fell from his eyes.

"My dear Zoe.... How I want to be with you and take care of you. But I'm afraid I can't..."

I tilted my head... I don't quite understand.

"I have to give you away my daughter.... You can never be safe in my hands."

Then he sobbed, hugging me tight. I was sad, even though I don't understand I can feel his agony. I hugged him tight and he did the same

I opened my eyes.. It was just a dream... I sat up and looked at my clock..

4:00 am

I sighed and ruffled my hair. There is no way I can go back to sleep again. Plus, that dream I just had made me curious.. That voice didn't sound like dad, it sounded like someone else's voice.. I know I've heard it before but now I can't remember. And why did I think that he was my dad?.. The sun wasn't up yet and the stars were still shining bright. The view looked fantastic! And I want to see the sky more clearly. Still wearing my pajamas, I wore my jacket and slippers and went down to the common room and quietly walked in the Hallways of Hogwarts to the Astronomy tower.

Once there, I made my way to see the perfect, starry night. I was astonished to see the beauty before me. The moon wasn't visible, but the stars were so many that I lost count! I felt so comfortable.. Like I was finally at home.. Everything was peaceful, perfect, it was as if there was nothing wrong in this beautiful world.

But of course it isn't...

This place deceives the eyes of every witch and wizard, thinking they would be safe and happy here.. I know so because of the vision that I had.

Something dark.... Something evil is lurking within these grounds.. Something that was feared will return.... It might not be clear to my vision who exactly that person is, but I can make a good guess.

Voldemort..

"What would a young lady be doing here?"
I turned around so fast that I thought that I would break my neck.

My heart was beating incredibly fast because a Professor saw me here... And not just any Professor.. It was Professor Quirrell.

"Ms. Jones? W-what are you d-doing h-here?"