Chapter 32: Chat with Death

Zoe's POV

I jolted up from my slumber as I suddenly felt cold. I looked around and realized that I wasn't in my room anymore, I wasn't even in the castle! I stood up and observed my surroundings.It was cold, and all I see was pale-white snow everywhere. Snow was falling down gently as i stared up at the gray-like sky.

"Where am I?" I asked, particularly to no one, since i don't see anyone around.

"You're in my world" I turned around to see Death standing not far from where I am. He had his hands in his pockets as he smiled at me.

"Am I dead? Or am I dreaming?" He gave a loud laugh that echoed even from afar.

"You are not dead. And you are not dreaming.. I just took your soul out of your body and put you here in my world."

My eyes widened in surprise as I looked at him in disbelief.

"Why in the name of Merlin did you take my bloody soul out of my body without my consent?! You shouldn't do that just because you want to!"

"Woah! Calm yourself! What's the difference really? Nothing's going to hurt your body as your soul is here, I made an enchantment so that your body is protected. I just thought it would be nice to show you my world since we are bonded." He said and looked down. I suddenly felt guilty at raising my voice at him.

I walked my way towards him and put my hand on his shoulder, making him look up.

"I'm sorry for raising my voice at you.. It's just not normal for me being in a situation like this. Forgive me?"

"Maybe a kiss would make me forgive you."

I scoffed and pushed him away, making him laugh

"You're disgusting!"

"I was only joking Zoe. I Forgive you, but a kiss wouldn't be-WHAT THE" I laughed as I saw his surprised face when I threw a snow ball at him. He glared at me while brushing off the snow from his hair and shoulders. And just like that, he kneeled down the pale-white snow and made a huge snow ball, giving me an evil smirk at the process. My eyes grew wide as I saw him aim the snow ball at me, and with a swift movement he had hit my face with the snow, which made me squeal. I heard him laugh out loud as he kneeled and threw more snow balls at me, and I did the same, laughing out loud just like him.. Who knew playing with Death would be fun?

***

After hours of playing in the snow, I lay down  and made snow angels as I stared at the gray sky.

"I really had a fun time."

"Me too.. On all of the speakers of death, you by far are the best among them. I've never had fun like this in a millenia.Thank you Zoe."

I looked at my left to see Death sitting infront of me, with a smile that reached his ears. It really seemed that he was happy and that made me smile. I always like to make people smile or cheer them up when they feel down. I may think about myself but I mostly think about everyone more. Starting from my parents to my friends, I wanted nothing more than to make them smile.

Death looked up at the sky for awhile and looked at me

"I think it's time you get back to your body.. It's getting late already."