Chapter 15: Visions, a Parchment and a Box

Zoe's POV

"You and Malfoy seem... Close" said Hermione looking at me.

I already told Hermione about Malfoy, but she seems to think that we're a thing.

"yeah... I actually intend to avoid him. I don't feel-"

I stopped talking and stared at nothing. Everything was black.

Harry's POV
I was talking to Ron when I heard Hermione's worried voice.

"Zoe? Are you okay?"

I looked at Zoe to see her stare at nothing. I got up quickly and excused George so I can sit beside Zoe. I looked at her eyes. The white dots were moving again.

"W-what's happening to her? A-and her eyes! The white dots... They're moving!!" Hermione was freaking out and some of the students were starting to look at us.

"Hermione, calm down. Zoe's okay. You need to stop freaking out because you're attracting more attention."

Hermione nodded and took a deep breath. I held Zoe's hand... This is weird, her hand is shaking, and it's ice cold...

"Zoe?" I said, I know she can hear me. But she seemed to ignore me.

A few seconds and she gripped my hand tight.. Then she started to talk with a cold voice.

"A dark soul that was once known shall return
He seek one host so all could reverse
For he shall drink a pure soul
And diminish a boy who was favored by all

A stone of life created,
Will seek the truth of the erised,
For a boy known to many,
Can be a help to plenty"

Her grip in my hand loosen then she suddenly gasped. She was back from her trance and she was holding her hand near her chest. And was breathing heavily.

"What did you see? Is there something wrong?" I asked, removing some hair on her face.

"Y-yes.... I saw darkness... A stone, a mirror, a-"
She stopped talking and her eyes were suddenly wide. It was like she realized something. She looked at where the teachers were and stared at one peculiar teacher..

Professor Quirrell.

"It must be done." she muttered under her breath.
"What must be done?" I asked.

"N-nothing.... Just, whatever happens.. Don't be a stupid git okay?" then she stood up and left us there.

Zoe's POV
What I saw was horrible. And it was the first time I heard myself speak in riddles. All I know is that Harry is in danger and there is something curious about Professor Quirrell. However, what I saw has to happen. I know I can warn Harry and make my whole vision change, but I know that something important will be revealed. I just have to let it happen.

***
It was dinner time at the great hall and I didn't even want to touch my food. My vision is affecting me more than what I expected.

There was suddenly a phoenix flying above me and dropped two things, the first one is a folded piece of parchment and the other was a large sized box. The phoenix was about to leave when I gave it a piece of meat. Since, I don't really feel hungry, might as well let the phoenix eat. It gladly accepted my offer and flew away and outside the Great Hall.

"Who's that from Zoe?" asked Ron, who was munching a chicken leg and talking at the same time. I was giving him a disgusted look. Such a turn-off  I said in my thoughts.

"One way to find out" I said, and unfolded the piece of parchment.

Dearest Zoe,
  I would like you to accept my gift for you, simply because I know that you would love it and you did an excellent job in my class.

I expect more of your participation not only in my class but also in everyones'.

And enjoy.

Severus Snape
Potions Master

I smiled at the letter and opened the box. What I saw made my eyes sparkle!

Inside were variety of books! It was all pocket books but with different categories, there were for my studies, some extra curiccular books like quiditch or choir stuff, and some are novels. Thick novels! At the remaining space of the box is a Quill. It's feathers' color was black and blue, while the handle was silver. It was so beautiful and elegant! He shouldn't have! I mean really! This is just too much! I also saluted the phoenix who gave me this. I mean, with the books and all, this is pretty heavy! I mean, 33 books?! If I were an owl I think I would die just by carrying it.

But this was a phoenix.
I've actually read about them in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Phoenixes are birds that can carry a very heavy object, they can also heal a person with their tears, they are also very loyal creatures, and, when they die, they burn up and turn into ashes, which they use so that they are reborn again. Like an everlasting life!

"It's from Professor Snape" I told Ron, Harry and Hermione who were looking at the box.

The three of them were shocked! Harry's mouth was wide open, Hermione's eyes were going out of their sockets and Ron was both wide-eyed and mouth hung open.

"A-are you guys alright?" I asked.

And Hermione was the first one to snap out of it.

"Professor Snape favors you Zoe. And.... Wow! I mean... Look at all these books! They're brilliant! And the Quill! It's so beautiful!" Hermione exclaimed, her eyes sparkling as well. I nodded happily at her and looked at where Professor Snape was seated. He was already looking and smiling at me and I smiled, like the happiest smile ever! He nodded and looked at Professor Quirrell who was talking to him.

Hermione and I were talking about these books and were happily eating.. Yes, I was eating! My appetite came back because of Professor Snape's gift for me.