Chapter 33: Sorcerer's Stone

Zoe's POV

Christmas break has finally come to an end and every student that went home to spend the holidays with their family are back here at Hogwarts, hugging and excitedly chatting with their friends with a genuine smile. Harry, Ron and I were waiting for Hermione at the gate, since I missed her even if we owled each other almost everyday. If you're wondering where Death is, he's back in the book and in my pocket.

"It's great that the holidays are finally over. I missed Hermione and school as well." I said as I stare at the students that are entering Hogwarts, my eyes scanning for Hermione.

"I reckon only you and Hermione missed school."Ron muttered to Harry and he nodded.

"I heard that."

We twirled around in surprise to see Hermione crossing her arms and stared at Ron with seriousness. I giggled as Ron's face had lost it's color and he backed a little, as if he was afraid of Hermione.

"I missed you!" I said as I hugged Hermione tight, saving Ron from dying. she hugged me back with equal tightness and giggled.

"I missed you too Zoe.. I can't wait for school to start again! Don't get me wrong, I had a wonderful time enjoying the holidays with my family, but it's quite fun to learn new things everyday right?"

"Right you are!" I said as I high-fived Hermione. After this, she looked at the boys expectantly.

"Found something?"

I looked at the both of them with curiosity... I knew they were hiding something, and maybe now is the time that I ask what it is.

"No.. uhm.. we should talk about this witho-" Ron said but I spoke

"Without me?" I asked, with a raised eyebrow. His eyes widen and I saw him gulp, making him feel uncomfortable. The 3 of them became quiet as I looked at them with a questioning look

"I know the 3 of you have been up to something... I have been curious for some time now but I ignored it because I was busy looking for a book. But since I've got what I needed and my curiosity bubbles again, tell me what you guys are up to."

The 3 of them looked at each other, as if asking with their faces if they should tell me. I huffed and crossed my arms.

"Have I not been a bestfriend to the 3 of you? It's as if I'm just someone you lot just met and that you don't trust me. I am offended. You 3 know my secret but you can't tell me yours? Why? Because I'm part Slytherin? Because I'm friends with your enemy? Because you think I would be a traitor?"

They shook their heads and was about to speak when I held my hands up so that they wouldn't talk.

Hey Death.

Yes?

Can you read minds?

You wish me to read their minds?

Yes

It was quiet and I just stared at the 3 of them and they looked uncomfortable. Suddenly, I heard Death talking to me

They've been investigating the trap door the 4 of you last entered months ago. They've figured out that the 3 headed dog was a pet of someone named Hagrid and that it was there to protect something only Nicholas Flamel and Dumbledore know.. Also, they have been suspecting that Professor Snape wants the thing the 3 headed dog is guarding.

My eyes widen in surprise from the information Death had given me

"You've been investigating what that 3 headed dog was guarding?! And you still suspect Professor Snape to be involved in this?!"