Chapter 28: Detention for Pranking

Zoe's POV

"The amount of Malum Potum in your system will last for the whole day. You may feel different at times, you might want to see other people suffer or be embarassed but you must control it like you did a while ago.. Am I clear?"

I nodded at Professor Snape and he gave me one last smile before he walked away. I felt the potion trying to empower me but I tried to control it, that's why I was more silent than I was before.

While walking with Draco, a hand suddenly gripped my arm and I was suddenly inside a small closet. I was about to speak when someone covered my mouth.

"Shh.. Zoe, it's me, Hermione." as she said this, her wand lighted the small closet. And I saw that she wasn't alone. Ron was smiling at me but he had a look of discomfort.

"Blimey Hermione, do we have to be in a closet like this? There must be spiders around here!"

"For your information it was your idea, not mine. Besides, that's not important right now."

Hermione gave me an apologetic look as she glared at Ron.

"Umm.. Hermione, why are we inside a closet?" I asked, trying to control my voice.

I wanted my voice to sound calm but I sounded like I demanded an answer, it was a tone of 'answer me or be dead'. Ron shuddered and i gave them an apologetic look.

"Sorry.. it's quite difficult to control Malum Potum." I said as calm as I can. The both of them nodded in understanding.

"We're actually going to leave you here with Harry... We believe the both of you need to talk.... And... umm,please don't give me that murdering look Zoe, you really are frightening me."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I stared intently at Hermione. Did she just say that I shall be left here alone with Harry? The boy who I knew my entire life and judges me as he pleases?

"This joke isn't the least entertaining." I said, my voice with venom. I closed my eyes and took in deep breaths..

Zoe... control yourself....be calm... think happy thoughts....think about books and nature and space and stars and music.... just calm down..

As I took deep breaths I heard the closet door closing. I opened my eyes at once and saw Harry, his wand lighting the closet. He looked down, closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"You know," I said, surprising Harry "if you just look down and not talk at all, then I must leave."

I was about to open the closet when he stopped me, his warm hand holding my cold hand.

"I came here to apologize.... I'm sorry for being a git. I really am.. I was just so angry at Professor Snape, at Draco and the rest of Slytherin that I said bad things to you."

"Well I have mixed emotions at the moment and I drank an evil potion.. I'm trying my very best not to hex you and maybe strangle you to death.."

"I know.. You are feeling worse and try to still be your best so that we won't get hurt. I know that you won't forgive me at once, but please know that I really am sorry.I hope you got that potion under control." and as he said that, he opened the closet and ran away.

How rude.. does he expect me to forgive him just because he apologized?! he should've waited for my response instead of running away like that.. I walked quickly, glaring at anyone who met my gaze. Such low lives.. Why would a school accept people li-

"Zoe! It's good"

"that we found you!"

I looked taken aback as I stare at the people who carelessly dragged me to a corner.. Fred and George.