Chapter 9: Diagon Alley

Hagrid faced the brick wall and tapped the brick with his umbrella. The bricks that his umbrella tapped quivered, it started to wriggle, and in the middle, (ooh that rhymed) a small hole appeared, it grew wider and wider and then a second later we were facing an archway large enough even for Hagrid.

"Welcome," said Hagrid "to Diagon Alley"

I don't know about Harry but I was gawking in amazement!! We walked to the streets of Diagon Alley and gawked at everything I see! Blimey, I never knew there was a place like this! The sun shone brightly on a stack of cauldrons outside the nearest shop, well now I know where I'll buy my cauldron.

"Yeah. Yeh'rll be needin' one, but we gotta get yer money first" said Hagrid

That's when I facepalmed my self. How can I be so stupid?!

"What's wrong Zoe?" asked Harry

"I forgot my money! I was so excited about where we were going and I forgot to ask mom about the money to buy the supplies!! Ugh... What a pea brain" I groaned, looking down. How am I gonna get supplies if I didn't have a single pound with me? Maybe I can tell them that I'll pay them when I get back home... Or maybe go back home and get the mo-

"Zoe!" Harry said, waving his hand at my face. I stepped back a little and smacked his hand away from my face. Hagrid just laughed at us. Well, we do look like cute children fighting... Oh wait, we are children...

Way to show how dumb you are

Who are you?!

I'm you, nut-head!

Hey!!

Sorry, I mean pea brain

Ugh, what the heck! What do you want?

I want nothing from you woman!

Then stop talking to me!

You stop

No. You.

You.

You...

You.

Shut up!

How do you shut up oneself?

I groaned and rolled my eyes, holding my temple and massaging it. Clearly, I've gone mad. I mean, who does a mental fight? Ugh... One day, you'll see me at the nearest mental hospital.

"Anyways, yeh don't have ter worry Zoe we don't use muggle money ter buy yer supplies. We have wizard money"

"Muggle?"

"Non-magic folk" said Hagrid, then he started walking and we followed him. Along the walk we see children gathering in the...broom shop? They were all smushing their faces in the glass to get a good look at a broom display... Seriously? 

"I can't believe it! It's finally here!" said a kid

"The Nimbus 2000! It's the fastest model yet!"

The fastest model? Wait a second... Do those things really fly? Like on what I see in movies?! Wicked!!

 Hagrid stopped suddenly making me and Harry bump his massive back... I mean... Massive BUTT! 

"Oh, sorry about tha'" said Hagrid, facing us slowly "here we are. Gringotts, ain't no safer place... except for Hogwarts"

When I got a good look at it, it looked snowy white, and it looks like it's tilted or wavy? I don't know how to describe it. Standing beside its burnished bronze doors, wearing a uniform of scarlet and gold was-

"Yeah, that's a goblin" I heard Harry whisper.  Wait... How did he know I was thinking about that?

"Are you a mind reader or something?" I asked
"No, it was just obvious because of your face"
"Oh"

We walked on a hallway, were each side there was a tall table and goblins were doing stuff I have no idea. Some looked at us, stared at Harry or me. But then we stopped to see a grumpy looking goblin writing something.

"Morning," said Hagrid. "Mr. Potter and Ms. Jones would like ter take some money outta their safe"

Wait... I have a safe? Really??!! My parents never told me about this! And I thought they have no idea where to buy my supplies yet they have a safe here at Gringotts? IN Diagon Alley? The place where we buy things for Hogwarts??.

"Curious" I mumbled, eyes furrowed, thinking why they would hide this? Or lie?

"Is there a problem Zoe?" asked Hagrid. I just shooked my head and smiled at him. I paid attention to the grumpy-looking Goblin infront of us.

"And does Mr. Potter and Ms. Jones have a key?" asked the goblin, eyeing us. He looks mean.
"Ah... Here they are. Little keys." said Hagrid, placing two keys on the desk. The goblin looked at Hagrid, who, obviously thought that we don't have keys for the safe. Yeah... sure... We just want to go to a wizarding bank to make a fool out of ourselves... Grreat!

"An' I've also got a letter here from Professor Dumbledore," Hagrid said importantly "It's about You-know-what and vault you-know-which," he said.

The goblin took the letter and read it carefully.
"Very well. Follow me"

***
While riding a weird contraption, Harry suddenly asked Hagrid. "Who's you-know-what and what's vault you-know which?"

"Can't tell yeh that," said Hagrid, being mysterious "very secret. Hogwarts business. Dumbledore's trusted me. More than my job's worth ter tell yeh that."

The goblin who was with us, who I learned to be Griphook, unlocked a door with one of the keys. When it was open wide, my eyes were wide as well. Stacks of gold coins were at the center, it was taller than Harry and I, the sides have golden goblets, bronze plates, and other stuff.

"All yours Harry," said Hagrid. "The gold ones are galleons, seventeen silver sickles to a galleon and twenty-nine Knuts to a sickle, it's easy enough."

*
"Key please," said Griphook, and Hagrid gave him a key.

"This one's yers Zoe," Hagrid told me. I nodded and waited patiently for the door to open. When it did, I was beyond gawking. I can't even describe how shock I was. I gotta tell you... I've been gawking a lot lately. It was just... Wow! The vault was big! And there was no space to step on because of the number of Golden coins and other treasures in there...

"H-how on earth?" I said, a little louder.

"Yeh know Zoe, yer parents save this all for yeh. And Severus and Isabella has been savin' for ye-"

"Who's Severus and Isabella?" I asked. I have no idea who they are. And I'm quite aware that my parents' name isn't Severus and Isabella... So, who?

Hagrid's eyes were wide open! That a little wider that his eye sockets could be visible. Nah, just kidding.

"I shouldn' have said tha'... I shouldn' have said tha'... Nevermind what I said, Zoe... Tha' ain't somethin' yeh need to kno-... I shoudn' have said tha'" he said again... Okay? Clearly, he's hiding something from me... And I'm going to find out what.

*
"Vault seven hundred and thirteen," said Griphook.

I looked at the mysterious vault, and I can't help but feel curious, this vault was deeper than our vaults, and darker, giving me the creeps. This vault doesn't have a keyhole..

"Stand back," said Griphook, and he stroked the vault door gently with his long, sharp fingers. While doing this, we heard a clanking noise inside the vault, a sound that looked like it was unlocking in the inside. When the door was opened, there was nothing in there but a small pouch tied tightly by a small rope. Hagrid took it without hesitation and put it secure in his giant pockets.

After that, we went outside Gringotts and went shopping for our supplies.