Chapter 27: Malum Potum

Zoe's POV

Alexandra lead everyone to the Great Hall with a quick pace, I guess they're afraid that Crabbe and Goyle might've finished everything. Draco and I were walking behind the group, I was reading my favorite novel: Black Rose by Lara Quicksilver, a famous writer here in the world of wizards and witches. The book was about a pureblood witch falling inlove with a muggle. Even though they live in different worlds, they still found a way to see each other and ensure that their love was strong, for their parents were against their relationship, one was because of their belief in purity, the other because of their belief against magic. I found this book in the attic of my house, when I was looking for a tent for our camping trips. I don't know why they had a book like this but either way I'm glad that they had it.

I looked at my right to see Draco reading the Daily Prophet, his gray eyes focusing on something and he had a look of seriousness in his face. I peeked and saw the headline of what he was reading: Lucius Malfoy Awarded for Capturing Thieves who Infiltrated the Ministry

Below the title was a picture of a man with a smile that I can clearly see as fake, his hair was white-blonde, it was long enough for him to pony tail it, his eyes were scrutinizing and cold, quite familiar to the boy holding the paper.

"You look like your father" I said as I looked at him and the photo of his father. He smirked and nodded, looking satisfied with what I said,

"I want to be just like him.. I want to be some one that everyone looks up, everyone admires.. I want father to be proud of me." As he said those last words, I saw sadness in his eyes. It was the first time I saw Draco like this

"I did everything for my father, did everything he asked me.. But it didn't satisfy him.. Even if I told father that I have high grades he would just congratulate me and walk away.. I never saw him be proud of me.. My mother was the only one who supported me, we'd go out and celebrate if I had an achievement, but father never came to a single celebration.. He said that work was more important and that attending to a clebration not worthy of his time is useless..."

It was the first time I saw him like this.. He was showing another side of him, and for the first time, I felt sorry for Draco. His grip on the newspaper tightened as he fought the tears that were bound to fall, we stopped walking and were in a quiet hallway. I hugged him tight and patted his back, murmuring comforting words to him. He was stiff at first but hugged me back, hugging me tighter than I thought.

"It's okay to cry sometimes you know?"

"Father says crying is for the weak."

"Nonsense. Crying does not make you weak, it makes you stronger as it also symbolizes that you are human and you can feel such emotions. Would a person who does not cry be considered a human? No. Crying makes you stronger and lets you express what you feel when words can't. So crying is not for the weak, it is for the brave who show what they truly feel deep inside."

I've told him the exact words Ash said to Diana, the 2 main characters of Black Rose. Draco's feeling the same as Diana when her mother showed no love for her when she grew up.

He released me from our hug and smiled, tears that were evident falling like waterfalls from his eyes. I gave him a smile and wiped his tears.

"Thank you." He said as he closed his eyes, taking deep breaths every now and then.

"You're always welcome. Just remember that I am here for you.. As your bestfriend it is my duty to be with you during your best and still stick with you at your worst. I can be a shoulder to cry on, I can give you advices and even make you laugh. Because that's what a true friend does."