Chapter Thirteen

Luke
Finally, I could come home. Because of my "little expedition" to the train station,  they made me stay a couple more days so that the doctors could make sure I hadn't done any further damage to myself. I was also moved onto the children's ward of the hospital. I hated it so much; firstly because I hated sharing a room with other people with no privacy and also because I had to put up with stupid 10 year olds, bugging me when all I really wanted to do was listen to my music.

When we got home, my parents surprisingly hadn't made a big fuss. They wanted me to come spend family time with them, but I shrugged them off and went upstairs.

I hadn't built up the courage to ask them whether Emma could stay for a couple of weeks, but of course, they knew about the trial. When I told Katie what had happened, she was horrified, acting like it was her fault because she tried to get help but she couldn't. She tried.

There was a knock on my door. I looked up from my phone to see my Dad poking his head round my door. I gave him a slight smile to show him he could come in. He stood in the door frame, trying to look casual.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"I'm fine Dad, honestly. Getting better."

"Come downstairs,  Luke. We'll play Mario Kart with you." Ah. Mario Kart. I fucking love Mario Kart.

"You've got me," and I got up and followed him downstairs. It was already set up on our ancient Wii,  playing the familiar tune.

"I'm going to kick your ass." Katie grinned, tossing me a remote.

"You wanna bet?" Mum began to make dinner and Dad sat down to play as well. Like always, I was Baby Peach. Not because she was the best character, but because I just thought she was funny and I'd been playing as her for years.

We played a couple of rounds of races, before Dad gave up, telling us we were too good. In the end, I let Katie win. She was a sore loser, and no one wants to her her complaining all night, telling us that she could've won if she actually wanted to.

"YESSSSS!" She yelled, punching the air, "I TOLD YOU! Do you give up yet?"

"Yeah, I'm beat. Well done, Kay. You totally had me." She did a small victory dance. Jeez, did I love her.

----

Over dinner, I decided to try and ask them about Emma. "Mum... Dad... could Emma stay here for a few weeks?" Their faces looked slightly confused.

"Why?" Dad asked, putting his knife and fork down.

"Her Dad's going away on a business trip for a couple of weeks, and she has no relatives round here to look after her. He couldn't get time off for the trial." I explained.

"Well, if we can talk to her father, make sure we have his permission, then I'm sure it'd be fine, wouldn't it, love?" He put his hand on top of Mum's, bringing her back from her thoughts.

"Yeah. Can we phone him after dinner?" She asked. I nodded.

I texted Emma quickly, telling her to get on her landline and put on a deep voice, because my parents were going to be calling.
They didn't talk long, maybe a few minutes, just making sure everything was correct. She'd be coming on November 2nd (3 DAYS) and leaving on November 15th, blah blah blah.

"It's sorted." Dad smiled. I gave him a hug.

"Thank you, Dad. For everything."

---------------------------------------------------
AN
Ugh sorry it was so short and bad... I'll try get the next chapter up early to make up for it. No promises though.

Anyone seen the new Danandphilcrafts video yet?? You should watch it. PROTIP!

Love you all!!!

*gives you glitter faces and squareflakes*