Chapter Fourteen

AN I said I'd try and get this up early but I didn't I feel like such a bad person whoops sorrryyyyy

Emma
Ahhh, Halloween. Possibly my least favourite time of year. I don't really have any reasoning for it, except that I hate it when little kids bang on your door, expecting you to answer. But this year I was actually going to go out. Dodie, Cherry and Evan had invited me out, promising me it would be fun and I would enjoy it; if I gave it a chance.

I called Luke to see if he wanted to come. I had to beg him to come but eventually, I managed to persuade him, promising him we'd sneak off and do our own thing afterwards and that I'd also buy him some vegan food or some shit.

----

All I did to dress up stick all black on; black hoodie, black skirt, black shoes, and stick my hood up so I could be a dementor. I actually looked pretty good, definitely not like it only took 5 minutes to throw together.

When I got to the park, which was where we were meeting, everyone was already there. "Late again, Blackery!" Cherry called.

"Fuck off!" I shouted.

"Okay we will. Leave the Jersey Devil to get you!" Evan laughed.

"Evan you spork, that's only in Jersey. We don't have anything like that here." Dodie sighed. A torch was shone in my direction, blinding me.

"Whoops, sorry! Total accident! " Luke sighed. I looked at him, and pushed him playfully. "C'mon then, let's let them get their share of sweets."

Dodie was a cutesy dalmatian, Evan was dressed as Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy, complete with the 20 dollar nosebleed, and Cherry had been at the prosthetics again, making herself into a devil. Luke... well... he hadn't made an effort.

After an hour of trapesing round streets, Luke and I made our exit. "Guys, we better be going, curfews and stuff." I mumbled.

"Both of you? At half 8? Yeah right," Dodie scoffed, raising her constantly-moving eyebrows.

"Yeah guyyysss, hoping to get in some Lemma action tonight?" Cherry teased.

"Shut up, Cherry! I'm just tired and can't be asked anymore."

"We'll have to love you and leave you, I'm afraid," Luke smirked.

"Ugh, see ya, you spoil sports." Evan sighed. Luke intertwined his hand with mine, and we walked off, both of us smiling in the dark.

"I SHIP IT!" Roared after us as we turned a corner. We laughed, before making our way to the nearest corner shop so I could buy Luke a bag of nuts or something.

Luke grabbed a bar of dark chocolate, scanning the ingredients just to make sure it was suitable for vegans, and a bottle of water whereas I picked up a big bag of doritoes and a bottle of coke. I paid for it and we left the shop, heading for the bench on the corner of the road.

It was slightly damp, from the rain we'd had recently, but we sank onto it, ignoring the wet and cold feeling beneath our butts, and ripped open our food.

"I'm starving." I whispered, shoving doritoes into my mouth.

"Em, slow down, you'll choke." Lake grinned, popping a piece of chocolate into his mouth.

"No I won't, don't be si-" I pretended to start choking, putting my hands around my neck, trying to bring an imaginary piece of dorito up.

"Oh my god, are you ok? You're choking, I told you to slow down but you never listen! I'm gonna have to do the Heimlich maneuver!" He panicked and stood up, dropping his chocolate, and that's when I stopped the act, a wide grin spreading across my face.

"I TOTALLY GOT YOU!" I screamed.

"No you didn't," he bluffed, giving me an affectionate push.

"Yeah, sure." I took a swig of coke, enjoying the taste of sweet victory. I rested my head on Luke's chest, nuzzling into him and he put his arm around me, almost as if he was blocking out any dangers from hurting me. No, Emma that was silly, no one would hurt you, there was no Derek, no Harry, no Nathan, you were safe.

"Oi, lovebirds!" My heart started pumping as soon as I heard the first syllable. My breath caught in my throat. No it couldn't be. He wouldn't be here. No. Nonononononononono. Luke was here. He couldn't hurt me.

Derek.

I closed my eyes, trying to concentrate on my breathing, but all I could see was the flash black of the bathroom, he was coming closer, he was pressing himself against me. Every terrible moment of that night flickered around my head like an old fashioned film player, right up until they left. By that time, he was standing right next to the bench, Luke looking at me worriedly, his arm protectively around me.

"Go away, Derek." Luke hissed.

"Oh, but I only came to say hello to Emma. How are you today?" He grinned. He'd obviously seen the fear in my eyes, and he was feeding on it, just like a weeping angel drained the power from a light source. "I say, Luke, you're one lucky guy."

"Dropped the whole gay thing now, have you?"

"Yes, I don't want you to press more charges against me. I'm already on bail."

"I can't do this Luke." I stood up, and began to run down the street, tearing round corners, making my way to the park. I could hide there. He'd never find me there. I stumbled a lot, my breath panting and my heart beating harder than it ever had before. I could practically feel the blood being pumped around my body. I found my way into the children's play park and took refuge under the slide, pulling my knees up to my chest and wrapping my arms around them. I rested my head on my knees and began to cry, shaking. He wasn't coming. He wasn't going to hurt me. He wasn't coming. He wasn't going to hurt me. I repeated this to myself, mumbling it if I needed to, and eventually I calmed down.

I checked my phone, to see I had 10 missed calls from Luke. I must've been so wrapped up in my own world that I wouldn't have heard my phone ring. I called him back.

"Emma, thank god, where are you? I've been worried sick, looking for you!"

"I'm in the children's park. Under the slide. I'm ok, don't worry. Just come, please."

"Ok I'm coming. I love you."

"Love you too." He hung up, and within a few minutes, he was sat under the slide with me, in silence, cuddling me.

Then, he broke the silence"You need to get some help, Em."

"No, I'm fine. I can deal with it myself."

"You obviously can't. Please, Em. We'll take you to see a counsellor. You need it."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay."

"Maybe okay could be our always."

"Did you just quote the fucking fault in our stars?" I sighed.

He laughed, "So did you."

"I suppose. God, we're such trash."

"Trashy McTrasherton of Trashville in Trashshire in the country of Trash?"

"Too much. Too much."

-------------------------------------------------------
Heyyyyy guyyyyys...
The reason I didn't get this up early is coz I've been binge watching Death Note, which is like, THE BEST THING EVER! I'm really sorry...

On a better note, IT WAS LUKE'S BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK WHOOOOOO!!!!!!

Anyway, love you all!!!

*gives you as many doughnuts ad you want and then goes to sleep because I really like sleep, as weird as it sounds*